Ellen DeGeneres and Adam Lambert Are Most Inspiring Gay Icons
Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres has been named the most inspiring gay icon by a leading U.S. magazine. The star, who is married to actress Portia de Rossi, claimed the top spot in Out's annual Power 50 rundown.
Singer Adam Lambert and "How I Met Your Mother" star Neil Patrick Harris featured in the top ten, claiming fifth and seventh place respectively. Fashion designers Marc Jacobs and Tom Ford were also high in the rundown - at 11 and 13. Moviemaker Lee Daniels was at 25, while comedienne Wanda Sykes featured at 36. Jodie Foster was placed 41st and "Milk" director Gus Van Sant came in at 43.
In an interview with Shape Magazine, Ellen DeGeneres praised Portia de Rossi, saying "She loves me no matter what. Whenever I feel bad about myself, or if I'm in a period where I'm not working out, she's constantly telling me that she doesn't notice, that I look beautiful."
"She'll say, 'I think you could gain 10 more pounds.' She would rather have me heavier than thinner, and she really hates that I ever doubt myself. She loves how I look. She wants me to be happy and never think about it."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked