Ellen DeGeneres and Adam Lambert Are Most Inspiring Gay Icons
Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres has been named the most inspiring gay icon by a leading U.S. magazine. The star, who is married to actress Portia de Rossi, claimed the top spot in Out's annual Power 50 rundown.
Singer Adam Lambert and "How I Met Your Mother" star Neil Patrick Harris featured in the top ten, claiming fifth and seventh place respectively. Fashion designers Marc Jacobs and Tom Ford were also high in the rundown - at 11 and 13. Moviemaker Lee Daniels was at 25, while comedienne Wanda Sykes featured at 36. Jodie Foster was placed 41st and "Milk" director Gus Van Sant came in at 43.
In an interview with Shape Magazine, Ellen DeGeneres praised Portia de Rossi, saying "She loves me no matter what. Whenever I feel bad about myself, or if I'm in a period where I'm not working out, she's constantly telling me that she doesn't notice, that I look beautiful."
"She'll say, 'I think you could gain 10 more pounds.' She would rather have me heavier than thinner, and she really hates that I ever doubt myself. She loves how I look. She wants me to be happy and never think about it."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'