Ellen DeGeneres and Adam Lambert Are Most Inspiring Gay Icons
Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres has been named the most inspiring gay icon by a leading U.S. magazine. The star, who is married to actress Portia de Rossi, claimed the top spot in Out's annual Power 50 rundown.
Singer Adam Lambert and "How I Met Your Mother" star Neil Patrick Harris featured in the top ten, claiming fifth and seventh place respectively. Fashion designers Marc Jacobs and Tom Ford were also high in the rundown - at 11 and 13. Moviemaker Lee Daniels was at 25, while comedienne Wanda Sykes featured at 36. Jodie Foster was placed 41st and "Milk" director Gus Van Sant came in at 43.
In an interview with Shape Magazine, Ellen DeGeneres praised Portia de Rossi, saying "She loves me no matter what. Whenever I feel bad about myself, or if I'm in a period where I'm not working out, she's constantly telling me that she doesn't notice, that I look beautiful."
"She'll say, 'I think you could gain 10 more pounds.' She would rather have me heavier than thinner, and she really hates that I ever doubt myself. She loves how I look. She wants me to be happy and never think about it."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video