Pamela Anderson Urges SeaWorld to Be Shut Down
Pamela Anderson is calling on SeaWorld bosses to close down the amusement parks following the tragic death of a killer whale trainer in Orlando, Florida in February. Dawn Brancheau, 40, was killed by an orca during a show at the city's SeaWorld complex.
Hollywood actor Matt Damon and U.S. showbiz veteran Bob Barker have previously expressed their concerns following the tragedy, urging the venues to be shut down completely. And now animal rights activist Anderson has waded into the debate, insisting the whales should not be kept in captivity.
The former "Baywatch" star tells U.S. TV host Larry King, "I don't think there should be SeaWorlds. Of course not. I think it's terrible. They should not be in captivity at all. It's bound to happen. Something like that. It's just terrible... it's terrible that it's happened, but there shouldn't be any SeaWorlds."
More Pamela Anderson News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media