Pamela Anderson Urges SeaWorld to Be Shut Down
Pamela Anderson is calling on SeaWorld bosses to close down the amusement parks following the tragic death of a killer whale trainer in Orlando, Florida in February. Dawn Brancheau, 40, was killed by an orca during a show at the city's SeaWorld complex.
Hollywood actor Matt Damon and U.S. showbiz veteran Bob Barker have previously expressed their concerns following the tragedy, urging the venues to be shut down completely. And now animal rights activist Anderson has waded into the debate, insisting the whales should not be kept in captivity.
The former "Baywatch" star tells U.S. TV host Larry King, "I don't think there should be SeaWorlds. Of course not. I think it's terrible. They should not be in captivity at all. It's bound to happen. Something like that. It's just terrible... it's terrible that it's happened, but there shouldn't be any SeaWorlds."
More Pamela Anderson News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie