Michael Bay Heading to Small Screen With 'One Way Out'
"Transformers" filmmaker Michael Bay is heading to TV - he is set to direct a new reality adventure show. Bay made his name as a music video director before moving into feature films, but is most famous for his big action blockbusters, including "Bad Boys", "Armageddon" and the "Transformers" franchise.
And the moviemaker is hoping to bring his hardhitting style to new U.S. TV contest "One Way Out" - which will see competitors battle to survive in hostile environments. He tells the Hollywood Reporter, "For my first television project I wanted to do something that had never been done before, and I believe that 'One Way Out' accomplishes that."
"Combining unique twists, death-defying challenges, and stunning visuals, we are reinventing the genre, showing just how far people will go when they are stripped of their bare necessities and forced to do whatever it takes to survive."
More Transformers News
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses