Snoop Dogg Returns to British Scene With Glastonbury
Rapper Snoop Dogg isn't wasting any time returning to the British live scene after a three year visa ban - he has signed on to appear at the country's top festival, Glastonbury. The "Beautiful" hitmaker, real name Calvin Broadus, incurred the wrath of border officials in 2006 when he was arrested following a fracas at London's Heathrow Airport, and was denied entry into Britain in 2007 when authorities labeled him a threat, citing his prior drug and firearms offenses.
Snoop challenged the decision in court and it was lifted in 2008, only for government representatives to take the case to the Court of Appeal, where it was decided the judge who reversed the ruling may have "misinterpreted the test of exclusion". But the hip-hop star refused to back down and his case was heard at a U.K. Asylum and Immigration Tribunal in February, where his lawyers fought for another reversal, citing the rapper's charity and community work as proof of his decency.
The appeal worked, the ban was lifted, and now Snoop's on his way to Glastonbury in June, where he'll join newly-added MGMT, Julian Casablancas, Dizzee Rascal, The Flaming Lips and Pet Shop Boys on the bill. U2, Muse and Stevie Wonder will headline the festival's Pyramid Stage.
More Snoop Dogg News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked