Snoop Dogg Returns to British Scene With Glastonbury
Rapper Snoop Dogg isn't wasting any time returning to the British live scene after a three year visa ban - he has signed on to appear at the country's top festival, Glastonbury. The "Beautiful" hitmaker, real name Calvin Broadus, incurred the wrath of border officials in 2006 when he was arrested following a fracas at London's Heathrow Airport, and was denied entry into Britain in 2007 when authorities labeled him a threat, citing his prior drug and firearms offenses.
Snoop challenged the decision in court and it was lifted in 2008, only for government representatives to take the case to the Court of Appeal, where it was decided the judge who reversed the ruling may have "misinterpreted the test of exclusion". But the hip-hop star refused to back down and his case was heard at a U.K. Asylum and Immigration Tribunal in February, where his lawyers fought for another reversal, citing the rapper's charity and community work as proof of his decency.
The appeal worked, the ban was lifted, and now Snoop's on his way to Glastonbury in June, where he'll join newly-added MGMT, Julian Casablancas, Dizzee Rascal, The Flaming Lips and Pet Shop Boys on the bill. U2, Muse and Stevie Wonder will headline the festival's Pyramid Stage.
More Snoop Dogg News
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two