Nas Wants to Get Over Messy Divorce From Kelis
Rapper Nas can't wait to put his messy divorce from R&B singer Kelis firmly behind him so he can focus on his work and fatherhood. The "I Can" hitmaker, real name Nasir Jones, has been embroiled in a bitter battle with estranged wife Kelis since she filed for divorce last year, just months before the birth of their first son Knight in July.
Nas was hauled into court on Monday, April 12, when a Los Angeles judge ordered him to hand over more than $290,000 in late child and spousal support payments, in addition to covering Kelis' legal and accounting bills.
The former couple is still working on thrashing out the rest of its divorce settlement, but Nas, who also has a daughter named Destiny from a previous relationship, admits he'll be relieved when it's all over. He says, "All I want to do is make music and raise my kids. Nothing else matters."
More Nas News
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake