Nas Wants to Get Over Messy Divorce From Kelis
Rapper Nas can't wait to put his messy divorce from R&B singer Kelis firmly behind him so he can focus on his work and fatherhood. The "I Can" hitmaker, real name Nasir Jones, has been embroiled in a bitter battle with estranged wife Kelis since she filed for divorce last year, just months before the birth of their first son Knight in July.
Nas was hauled into court on Monday, April 12, when a Los Angeles judge ordered him to hand over more than $290,000 in late child and spousal support payments, in addition to covering Kelis' legal and accounting bills.
The former couple is still working on thrashing out the rest of its divorce settlement, but Nas, who also has a daughter named Destiny from a previous relationship, admits he'll be relieved when it's all over. He says, "All I want to do is make music and raise my kids. Nothing else matters."
More Nas News
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?