Nas Wants to Get Over Messy Divorce From Kelis
Rapper Nas can't wait to put his messy divorce from R&B singer Kelis firmly behind him so he can focus on his work and fatherhood. The "I Can" hitmaker, real name Nasir Jones, has been embroiled in a bitter battle with estranged wife Kelis since she filed for divorce last year, just months before the birth of their first son Knight in July.
Nas was hauled into court on Monday, April 12, when a Los Angeles judge ordered him to hand over more than $290,000 in late child and spousal support payments, in addition to covering Kelis' legal and accounting bills.
The former couple is still working on thrashing out the rest of its divorce settlement, but Nas, who also has a daughter named Destiny from a previous relationship, admits he'll be relieved when it's all over. He says, "All I want to do is make music and raise my kids. Nothing else matters."
More Nas News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'