Nas Wants to Get Over Messy Divorce From Kelis
Rapper Nas can't wait to put his messy divorce from R&B singer Kelis firmly behind him so he can focus on his work and fatherhood. The "I Can" hitmaker, real name Nasir Jones, has been embroiled in a bitter battle with estranged wife Kelis since she filed for divorce last year, just months before the birth of their first son Knight in July.
Nas was hauled into court on Monday, April 12, when a Los Angeles judge ordered him to hand over more than $290,000 in late child and spousal support payments, in addition to covering Kelis' legal and accounting bills.
The former couple is still working on thrashing out the rest of its divorce settlement, but Nas, who also has a daughter named Destiny from a previous relationship, admits he'll be relieved when it's all over. He says, "All I want to do is make music and raise my kids. Nothing else matters."
More Nas News
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift