Nas Wants to Get Over Messy Divorce From Kelis
Rapper Nas can't wait to put his messy divorce from R&B singer Kelis firmly behind him so he can focus on his work and fatherhood. The "I Can" hitmaker, real name Nasir Jones, has been embroiled in a bitter battle with estranged wife Kelis since she filed for divorce last year, just months before the birth of their first son Knight in July.
Nas was hauled into court on Monday, April 12, when a Los Angeles judge ordered him to hand over more than $290,000 in late child and spousal support payments, in addition to covering Kelis' legal and accounting bills.
The former couple is still working on thrashing out the rest of its divorce settlement, but Nas, who also has a daughter named Destiny from a previous relationship, admits he'll be relieved when it's all over. He says, "All I want to do is make music and raise my kids. Nothing else matters."
More Nas News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance