Balthazar Getty and Patricia Arquette for Haiti
Acting pals Balthazar Getty and Patricia Arquette have teamed up to create a new charity venture in a bid to provide homes for the survivors of the Haiti earthquake. The stars and Getty's wife Rosetta Millington are the brains behind GiveLove.org - a non-profit organization geared towards helping the homeless.
The "Brothers & Sisters" star explains, "We have secured some land down in Haiti and we're building houses out of shipping containers that are weatherproof... You can donate and help us build homes for these people who really need our help right now."
"The big problem now is the hurricane season that's coming and the rain season that's coming and the fact that these people are just set up in these makeshift tents (made) out of sticks and wood and tape, and this stuff can't withstand the weather."
Getty and Arquette aren't the only stars doing what they can for the survivors of the earthquake - Demi Moore, Sean Penn and Ben Stiller are among the celebrities currently on the ground in Haiti and Eva Longoria has been applauded by charity groups for helping raise funds for sturdy tents to protect locals from the storms.
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance