Slash Ditched Reptile Collection When First Son Was Born
Rocker Slash parted ways with his famous collection of killer reptiles when his son was born - because he worried the baby would be harmed if a snake or lizard got loose. The former Guns N' Roses star once boasted a menagerie of slimy critters but admits he had enough "close calls" with family pets to realize snakes and babies didn't mix.
So he got rid of all of his pets, apart from an anaconda that was a birthday gift. The "Welcome to the Jungle" hitmaker says, "I used to have an insane collection of reptiles. I had that for a lot of years until my first son was born... I'd had enough close calls with domestic pets - cats and snakes - and so I got rid of them all."
"Now I only have one (snake) and he's pretty big... He's about five feet, six feet - something like that. He's actually a birthday present from a friend of mine. He was pretty much a newborn when I got him."
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death