Slash Ditched Reptile Collection When First Son Was Born
Rocker Slash parted ways with his famous collection of killer reptiles when his son was born - because he worried the baby would be harmed if a snake or lizard got loose. The former Guns N' Roses star once boasted a menagerie of slimy critters but admits he had enough "close calls" with family pets to realize snakes and babies didn't mix.
So he got rid of all of his pets, apart from an anaconda that was a birthday gift. The "Welcome to the Jungle" hitmaker says, "I used to have an insane collection of reptiles. I had that for a lot of years until my first son was born... I'd had enough close calls with domestic pets - cats and snakes - and so I got rid of them all."
"Now I only have one (snake) and he's pretty big... He's about five feet, six feet - something like that. He's actually a birthday present from a friend of mine. He was pretty much a newborn when I got him."
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West