Lindsay Lohan Could Go to Jail for Bailing on Deposition
Lindsay Lohan's hectic schedule may have cost her in court after she failed to show for a hearing into an 2007 incident, where the actress allegedly held three men hostage in a hijacked car as she drunkenly drove through Malibu, California. Lawyers for the three men, Ronnie Blake, Jakon Sutter and Dante Nigro, had planned a day-long deposition on Wednesday, April 14 in Venice, California to get the the bottom of the saga - but, although Lohan arrived at the courthouse, she sped off without getting out of her vehicle.
Her legal team told the three men's lawyers the actress, who arrived at court 90 minutes late, would only be available for a number of hours. Upon hearing she was expected to be there for the entire day, Lohan decided to leave, according to TMZ.com.
Blake, Sutter and Nigro filed suit against the actress, accusing her of endangering their lives, in 2008. The "Mean Girls" star's alleged hijack ended with police arresting her for driving under the influence. Cops also allegedly found cocaine in the car. The star subsequently pleaded guilty to reckless drinking and driving and served one day in jail.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off