Wife Wanted James Marsden to Do Mushrooms
Actor James Marsden's wife was so keen for him to land his drugged-out role in new film "Death at a Funeral", she suggested he take hallucinogens to experience a real life drug trip before his audition.
The actor's character, Oscar, accidentally mistakes acid for Valium and trips throughout the comedy. And his wife, former actress Lisa Linde, was convinced getting high on mushrooms would help him ace his audition. He says, "I've never taken hallucinogenic drugs. My wife, sorry Lisa, was trying to get me to take mushrooms before I played this role."
"She said, 'You can't get drunk. It's a whole different thing if you're on acid.' I just sort of pretend, and it either works or it doesn't."
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?