Wife Wanted James Marsden to Do Mushrooms
Actor James Marsden's wife was so keen for him to land his drugged-out role in new film "Death at a Funeral", she suggested he take hallucinogens to experience a real life drug trip before his audition.
The actor's character, Oscar, accidentally mistakes acid for Valium and trips throughout the comedy. And his wife, former actress Lisa Linde, was convinced getting high on mushrooms would help him ace his audition. He says, "I've never taken hallucinogenic drugs. My wife, sorry Lisa, was trying to get me to take mushrooms before I played this role."
"She said, 'You can't get drunk. It's a whole different thing if you're on acid.' I just sort of pretend, and it either works or it doesn't."
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie