'South Park' Creators to Bring Mormon to Broadway
The creators of outrageous animated U.S. TV series "South Park" are set to hit Broadway as the brains behind a Mormon-inspired musical comedy. Emmy Award-winners Trey Parker and Matt Stone have collaborated with Avenue Q creator Robert Lopez for The Book of Mormon, which is set to open in New York in March 2011.
The cheeky show centers around two young Mormon missionaries who are sent to Uganda to promote the religion. Parker and Stone previously co-wrote songs for the 1999 movie musical "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut."
"South Park" recently celebrated its 200th episode by taking a jab at several celebrities. Among those depicted in cartoon are Tom Cruise, Oprah Winfrey, Charlie Sheen, Tiger Woods, Paris Hilton, Jennifer Lopez and Barbra Streisand.
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'