'South Park' Creators to Bring Mormon to Broadway
The creators of outrageous animated U.S. TV series "South Park" are set to hit Broadway as the brains behind a Mormon-inspired musical comedy. Emmy Award-winners Trey Parker and Matt Stone have collaborated with Avenue Q creator Robert Lopez for The Book of Mormon, which is set to open in New York in March 2011.
The cheeky show centers around two young Mormon missionaries who are sent to Uganda to promote the religion. Parker and Stone previously co-wrote songs for the 1999 movie musical "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut."
"South Park" recently celebrated its 200th episode by taking a jab at several celebrities. Among those depicted in cartoon are Tom Cruise, Oprah Winfrey, Charlie Sheen, Tiger Woods, Paris Hilton, Jennifer Lopez and Barbra Streisand.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound