Ricky Gervais Turned Down Million Dollar Gig
British funnyman Ricky Gervais once turned down a $1.5 million (1 million pounds) pay cheque to perform a stand-up gig at a Hong Kong bank - branding the lucrative offer "disgusting." The actor was asked to fly to the region for a 40-minute set at a corporate event, but he insisted it was too far to travel.
And Gervais refused to change his mind when bank bosses offered to fly him over in a private jet in a bid to persuade him. He says, "I was offered a million pounds to do 40 minutes at a Hong Kong bank. I said, 'No'."
Recently, Ricky Gervais vowed to embark on a healthy diet after he made himself ill by devouring 12 sausages in one sitting. "The Office" star has taken up a grueling fitness regime in recent months, and has recently been snapped jogging on the streets of London looking noticeably slimmer.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why