Ricky Gervais Turned Down Million Dollar Gig
British funnyman Ricky Gervais once turned down a $1.5 million (1 million pounds) pay cheque to perform a stand-up gig at a Hong Kong bank - branding the lucrative offer "disgusting." The actor was asked to fly to the region for a 40-minute set at a corporate event, but he insisted it was too far to travel.
And Gervais refused to change his mind when bank bosses offered to fly him over in a private jet in a bid to persuade him. He says, "I was offered a million pounds to do 40 minutes at a Hong Kong bank. I said, 'No'."
Recently, Ricky Gervais vowed to embark on a healthy diet after he made himself ill by devouring 12 sausages in one sitting. "The Office" star has taken up a grueling fitness regime in recent months, and has recently been snapped jogging on the streets of London looking noticeably slimmer.
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle