Ricky Gervais Turned Down Million Dollar Gig
British funnyman Ricky Gervais once turned down a $1.5 million (1 million pounds) pay cheque to perform a stand-up gig at a Hong Kong bank - branding the lucrative offer "disgusting." The actor was asked to fly to the region for a 40-minute set at a corporate event, but he insisted it was too far to travel.
And Gervais refused to change his mind when bank bosses offered to fly him over in a private jet in a bid to persuade him. He says, "I was offered a million pounds to do 40 minutes at a Hong Kong bank. I said, 'No'."
Recently, Ricky Gervais vowed to embark on a healthy diet after he made himself ill by devouring 12 sausages in one sitting. "The Office" star has taken up a grueling fitness regime in recent months, and has recently been snapped jogging on the streets of London looking noticeably slimmer.
More Ricky Gervais News
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now