'The Man From U.N.C.L.E.' to Get Movie Makeover
"The Man From U.N.C.L.E." is the latest retro TV series to be given a modern movie makeover - film bosses are set to revive the cult spy show for a big screen outing. The show, starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum as secret agents, enjoyed a successful run between 1964 and 1968.
The series was so popular it spawned a series of spin-off movies, which saw several episodes extended and shown in movie theaters as full-length features. Vaughn and McCallum returned to the roles in 1983 for a TV movie, titled "The Return of the Man From U.N.C.L.E."
And now executives at film studio Warner Bros have announced they are moving forward with plans for a new movie, based on the hit 1960s show, with the appointment of "Wedding Crashers" director David Dobkin and scriptwriter Max Borenstein, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
It is believed the picture will feature a new cast, and will follow in the footsteps of other big screen remakes such as "Miami Vice" and "The A-Team".
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna