Bret Michaels Still Hospitalized After Emergency Surgery
Rocker Bret Michaels is to remain under doctors supervision for fear of "complications" following emergency surgery to remove his appendix on Monday , April 12. The former Poison frontman underwent an operation in the early hours of Monday after a scan showed his appendix was ready to burst.
Doctors performed an emergency appendectomy and a statement on the musician's website stated the star was recovering in in a San Antonio, Texas hospital. But on Tuesday, April 13, an update on the site revealed that Michaels had been ordered to stay in the medical facility over concerns about his fluctuating temperature.
The post on his site reads, "After spiking a fever during the overnight hours, which could be a sign of infection, it is reported that Michaels will remain under doctor's care for an undisclosed amount of time as to monitor his progress (and) watch for complications."
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Being the Most Hated Celebrity: 'What Did I Do?'
- Vanessa Lachey Lands Lead Role in 'First Wives Club' TV Remake
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'