Bret Michaels Still Hospitalized After Emergency Surgery
Rocker Bret Michaels is to remain under doctors supervision for fear of "complications" following emergency surgery to remove his appendix on Monday , April 12. The former Poison frontman underwent an operation in the early hours of Monday after a scan showed his appendix was ready to burst.
Doctors performed an emergency appendectomy and a statement on the musician's website stated the star was recovering in in a San Antonio, Texas hospital. But on Tuesday, April 13, an update on the site revealed that Michaels had been ordered to stay in the medical facility over concerns about his fluctuating temperature.
The post on his site reads, "After spiking a fever during the overnight hours, which could be a sign of infection, it is reported that Michaels will remain under doctor's care for an undisclosed amount of time as to monitor his progress (and) watch for complications."
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction