Ricky Gervais Is on Diet After Sausage Binge
British comic Ricky Gervais vowed to embark on a healthy diet after he made himself ill by devouring 12 sausages in one sitting. "The Office" star has taken up a grueling fitness regime in recent months, and has recently been snapped jogging on the streets of London looking noticeably slimmer.
The funnyman reveals he finally decided to change his eating habits after a sausage binge left him feeling sick. He says, "I couldn't stop eating them (sausages). I felt really ill and had to lay there for a couple of hours, like a snake just trying to digest it."
"It was just after Christmas, a few days before I thought, 'Right, that's ridiculous'."
Ricky Gervais previously slammed weight critics who suggested him to go on a strict diet to help him land more movie roles. He said, "What is it in America? Who cares what anyone thinks? If I don't get a film role because my teeth are crooked, then f**k them. I don't want it. And if I don't get a film role because I'm not thin enough, then f**k them."
"Why would I do that (lose weight to get more movie roles)? I hate that people think I would. It makes me angry. I remember when a newspaper said, 'He's lost three stone for Hollywood'. And I went, 'No, I haven't lost three stone and I would never do it for Hollywood. I did it because I want to be fit'."
More Ricky Gervais News
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident