Drake Denies Collaboration With Olivia
Hip hop sensation Drake has hit out at singer/rapper Olivia for "duping" his fans into thinking they had recorded a duet, accusing her of using an "unauthorized recording" of his music. Drake was reported to have hit the studio with Olivia to help boost her chart comeback after a song entitled "Control" leaked online.
The tune featured vocals from Lil Wayne's protege - but Drake insists he never agreed to the collaboration and has never worked with 50 Cent's former charge. He tells AllHipHop.com, "I support artist collaborations and sampling music that inspires you but I don't support taking unauthorized recordings and marketing them as features."
"I've never worked with Olivia and I apologize to any fan who was duped into thinking that 'Control' was a collaboration of mine."
Olivia, best known for her 50 Cent duet "Candy Shop", has been out of the spotlight since she was dropped from the "In da Club" hitmaker's G-Unit Records in 2007. She recently landed a new record deal with Universal and is working on an upcoming TV show.
More Drake News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger