Drake Denies Collaboration With Olivia
Hip hop sensation Drake has hit out at singer/rapper Olivia for "duping" his fans into thinking they had recorded a duet, accusing her of using an "unauthorized recording" of his music. Drake was reported to have hit the studio with Olivia to help boost her chart comeback after a song entitled "Control" leaked online.
The tune featured vocals from Lil Wayne's protege - but Drake insists he never agreed to the collaboration and has never worked with 50 Cent's former charge. He tells AllHipHop.com, "I support artist collaborations and sampling music that inspires you but I don't support taking unauthorized recordings and marketing them as features."
"I've never worked with Olivia and I apologize to any fan who was duped into thinking that 'Control' was a collaboration of mine."
Olivia, best known for her 50 Cent duet "Candy Shop", has been out of the spotlight since she was dropped from the "In da Club" hitmaker's G-Unit Records in 2007. She recently landed a new record deal with Universal and is working on an upcoming TV show.
More Drake News
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune