Drake Denies Collaboration With Olivia
Hip hop sensation Drake has hit out at singer/rapper Olivia for "duping" his fans into thinking they had recorded a duet, accusing her of using an "unauthorized recording" of his music. Drake was reported to have hit the studio with Olivia to help boost her chart comeback after a song entitled "Control" leaked online.
The tune featured vocals from Lil Wayne's protege - but Drake insists he never agreed to the collaboration and has never worked with 50 Cent's former charge. He tells AllHipHop.com, "I support artist collaborations and sampling music that inspires you but I don't support taking unauthorized recordings and marketing them as features."
"I've never worked with Olivia and I apologize to any fan who was duped into thinking that 'Control' was a collaboration of mine."
Olivia, best known for her 50 Cent duet "Candy Shop", has been out of the spotlight since she was dropped from the "In da Club" hitmaker's G-Unit Records in 2007. She recently landed a new record deal with Universal and is working on an upcoming TV show.
More Drake News
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington