Ryan Phillipe Gives Approval for Reese Witherspoon's Boyfriend
Ryan Phillippe is pleased his ex-wife Reese Witherspoon is dating again following her split from Jake Gyllenhaal - because he trusts her to pick a suitable boyfriend to act as a father figure around their children. The pair divorced in 2006 after seven years of marriage, and Witherspoon went on to date Gyllenhaal, while Phillippe began a relationship with Abbie Cornish.
The "Legally Blonde" star split from Gyllenhaal late last year and has since been linked to talent agent Jim Toth. Phillippe, who ended his romance with Cornish in February, insists he always approves of Witherspoon's suitors, because he knows she will consider the best interests of their two children - Ava, 10, and Deacon, six.
He says, "If the kids care about mum and dad, and if that's consistent and they feel protected that way, they don't they don't really care so much about who the parent is dating. They just don't... I trust her to make the right decisions around our children. I hope she feels the same way."
- Report: John Mayer Dating Natalie Morales
- Report: Jennifer Garner's 'Pregnant and Alone' After Ben Affleck Divorce Filing
- '13 Reasons Why' Is Near Season 2 Renewal on Netflix
- Chris Soules Called 911 After Deadly Car Crash, Tried to Help Victim
- 'Alien: Covenant' New Prologue Reveals 'Prometheus' Big Mystery
- Johnny Depp Surprises Pirates of the Caribbean Riders at Disneyland as Captain Jack Sparrow
- Drake and Draymond Green Mock Each Other in Hilarious Meme War
- Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff to Reunite for First Live Performances in 12 Years