Nicki Minaj Feels Bad of Not Joining Rihanna's Tour
Lil Wayne's rap protegee Nicki Minaj is "disappointed" she had to drop plans to tour with Rihanna - because she was "thrilled" to be invited to join the "Umbrella" hitmaker on the road.
Minaj was announced as one of the support acts to open for Rihanna at her U.S. concerts this summer, but she pulled out of the jaunt the day after the dates were released because she wanted to focus on her debut solo album. But Minaj is hoping she will get the chance to perform alongside the "Umbrella" hitmaker in the future, insisting she's a huge fan of the Bajan beauty.
She tells AllHipHop.com, "When I first heard about the possibility of touring with Rihanna, I was thrilled to be included on the ticket. I admire Rihanna as an artist and I know it would've been a killer line up. I'm disappointed that the timing won't work, but I hope we'll be able to revisit the opportunity in the future."
Rihanna will kick off the tour in Seattle, Washington on July 2 with pop star Ke$ha. A replacement for Minaj has yet to be announced.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign