Nicki Minaj Feels Bad of Not Joining Rihanna's Tour
Lil Wayne's rap protegee Nicki Minaj is "disappointed" she had to drop plans to tour with Rihanna - because she was "thrilled" to be invited to join the "Umbrella" hitmaker on the road.
Minaj was announced as one of the support acts to open for Rihanna at her U.S. concerts this summer, but she pulled out of the jaunt the day after the dates were released because she wanted to focus on her debut solo album. But Minaj is hoping she will get the chance to perform alongside the "Umbrella" hitmaker in the future, insisting she's a huge fan of the Bajan beauty.
She tells AllHipHop.com, "When I first heard about the possibility of touring with Rihanna, I was thrilled to be included on the ticket. I admire Rihanna as an artist and I know it would've been a killer line up. I'm disappointed that the timing won't work, but I hope we'll be able to revisit the opportunity in the future."
Rihanna will kick off the tour in Seattle, Washington on July 2 with pop star Ke$ha. A replacement for Minaj has yet to be announced.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed