Nicki Minaj Feels Bad of Not Joining Rihanna's Tour
Lil Wayne's rap protegee Nicki Minaj is "disappointed" she had to drop plans to tour with Rihanna - because she was "thrilled" to be invited to join the "Umbrella" hitmaker on the road.
Minaj was announced as one of the support acts to open for Rihanna at her U.S. concerts this summer, but she pulled out of the jaunt the day after the dates were released because she wanted to focus on her debut solo album. But Minaj is hoping she will get the chance to perform alongside the "Umbrella" hitmaker in the future, insisting she's a huge fan of the Bajan beauty.
She tells AllHipHop.com, "When I first heard about the possibility of touring with Rihanna, I was thrilled to be included on the ticket. I admire Rihanna as an artist and I know it would've been a killer line up. I'm disappointed that the timing won't work, but I hope we'll be able to revisit the opportunity in the future."
Rihanna will kick off the tour in Seattle, Washington on July 2 with pop star Ke$ha. A replacement for Minaj has yet to be announced.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns