Nicki Minaj Feels Bad of Not Joining Rihanna's Tour
Lil Wayne's rap protegee Nicki Minaj is "disappointed" she had to drop plans to tour with Rihanna - because she was "thrilled" to be invited to join the "Umbrella" hitmaker on the road.
Minaj was announced as one of the support acts to open for Rihanna at her U.S. concerts this summer, but she pulled out of the jaunt the day after the dates were released because she wanted to focus on her debut solo album. But Minaj is hoping she will get the chance to perform alongside the "Umbrella" hitmaker in the future, insisting she's a huge fan of the Bajan beauty.
She tells AllHipHop.com, "When I first heard about the possibility of touring with Rihanna, I was thrilled to be included on the ticket. I admire Rihanna as an artist and I know it would've been a killer line up. I'm disappointed that the timing won't work, but I hope we'll be able to revisit the opportunity in the future."
Rihanna will kick off the tour in Seattle, Washington on July 2 with pop star Ke$ha. A replacement for Minaj has yet to be announced.
More Nicki Minaj News
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown