Nicki Minaj Feels Bad of Not Joining Rihanna's Tour
Lil Wayne's rap protegee Nicki Minaj is "disappointed" she had to drop plans to tour with Rihanna - because she was "thrilled" to be invited to join the "Umbrella" hitmaker on the road.
Minaj was announced as one of the support acts to open for Rihanna at her U.S. concerts this summer, but she pulled out of the jaunt the day after the dates were released because she wanted to focus on her debut solo album. But Minaj is hoping she will get the chance to perform alongside the "Umbrella" hitmaker in the future, insisting she's a huge fan of the Bajan beauty.
She tells AllHipHop.com, "When I first heard about the possibility of touring with Rihanna, I was thrilled to be included on the ticket. I admire Rihanna as an artist and I know it would've been a killer line up. I'm disappointed that the timing won't work, but I hope we'll be able to revisit the opportunity in the future."
Rihanna will kick off the tour in Seattle, Washington on July 2 with pop star Ke$ha. A replacement for Minaj has yet to be announced.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March