Marilyn Monroe's X-Ray to Be Auctioned Off
Fans of Marilyn Monroe will be able to bid for an intimate snap of the Hollywood icon at an upcoming auction - an X-ray of the star's chest is set to go under the hammer. The medical photograph was taken at a Florida hospital in 1954 when the Some Like It Hot actress was being treated for womb condition endometriosis.
The X-ray, which shows the star's ribs as well as the outline of her famed cleavage, was printed with her married name DiMaggio - at the time she was going through a divorce from baseball legend Joe DiMaggio.
The bizarre lot is one of many Monroe-linked items up for sale at a Las Vegas auction slated for June this year. The couch the star used during therapy sessions is also expected to sell. The sale by Julien's Auctions will take place on 26 and 27 June at the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas.
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash