Marilyn Monroe's X-Ray to Be Auctioned Off
Fans of Marilyn Monroe will be able to bid for an intimate snap of the Hollywood icon at an upcoming auction - an X-ray of the star's chest is set to go under the hammer. The medical photograph was taken at a Florida hospital in 1954 when the Some Like It Hot actress was being treated for womb condition endometriosis.
The X-ray, which shows the star's ribs as well as the outline of her famed cleavage, was printed with her married name DiMaggio - at the time she was going through a divorce from baseball legend Joe DiMaggio.
The bizarre lot is one of many Monroe-linked items up for sale at a Las Vegas auction slated for June this year. The couch the star used during therapy sessions is also expected to sell. The sale by Julien's Auctions will take place on 26 and 27 June at the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas.
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'