Marilyn Monroe's X-Ray to Be Auctioned Off
Fans of Marilyn Monroe will be able to bid for an intimate snap of the Hollywood icon at an upcoming auction - an X-ray of the star's chest is set to go under the hammer. The medical photograph was taken at a Florida hospital in 1954 when the Some Like It Hot actress was being treated for womb condition endometriosis.
The X-ray, which shows the star's ribs as well as the outline of her famed cleavage, was printed with her married name DiMaggio - at the time she was going through a divorce from baseball legend Joe DiMaggio.
The bizarre lot is one of many Monroe-linked items up for sale at a Las Vegas auction slated for June this year. The couch the star used during therapy sessions is also expected to sell. The sale by Julien's Auctions will take place on 26 and 27 June at the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas.
More Marilyn Monroe News
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?