Nas Ordered to Pay Kelis More Than 290,000 Dollars
Rapper Nas has been ordered to pay more than $290,000 (193,000 pounds) in backdated support payments and legal bills to ex-wife Kelis. In January, the "Milkshake" hitmaker asked a judge to summon her former partner to court, alleging the hip-hop star had failed to keep up with spousal support payments and child support for their son, Knight.
In court papers, Kelis' legal team claimed the rapper had fallen behind by $56,911 (35,570 pounds). Nas was ordered to Los Angeles County Superior Court on Monday, April 12, and the judge presiding over the case ruled the star must hand over an immediate payment of $47,249 (31,499 pounds) in backdated child support and $40,454 (26,969 pounds) in spousal support.
The judge also increased monthly spousal support payments to $10,000 a month until Nas has paid the money he owes his ex-wife. The rapper was also hit with a $155,787 (103,000 pounds) bill for Kelis' legal fees, as well as $48,549 (32,366 pounds) to cover her accounting costs, according to TMZ.com.
Nas and Kelis split at the beginning of 2009, shortly before the birth of their son.
More Nas News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked