Nas Ordered to Pay Kelis More Than 290,000 Dollars
Rapper Nas has been ordered to pay more than $290,000 (193,000 pounds) in backdated support payments and legal bills to ex-wife Kelis. In January, the "Milkshake" hitmaker asked a judge to summon her former partner to court, alleging the hip-hop star had failed to keep up with spousal support payments and child support for their son, Knight.
In court papers, Kelis' legal team claimed the rapper had fallen behind by $56,911 (35,570 pounds). Nas was ordered to Los Angeles County Superior Court on Monday, April 12, and the judge presiding over the case ruled the star must hand over an immediate payment of $47,249 (31,499 pounds) in backdated child support and $40,454 (26,969 pounds) in spousal support.
The judge also increased monthly spousal support payments to $10,000 a month until Nas has paid the money he owes his ex-wife. The rapper was also hit with a $155,787 (103,000 pounds) bill for Kelis' legal fees, as well as $48,549 (32,366 pounds) to cover her accounting costs, according to TMZ.com.
Nas and Kelis split at the beginning of 2009, shortly before the birth of their son.
More Nas News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns