Nas Ordered to Pay Kelis More Than 290,000 Dollars
Rapper Nas has been ordered to pay more than $290,000 (193,000 pounds) in backdated support payments and legal bills to ex-wife Kelis. In January, the "Milkshake" hitmaker asked a judge to summon her former partner to court, alleging the hip-hop star had failed to keep up with spousal support payments and child support for their son, Knight.
In court papers, Kelis' legal team claimed the rapper had fallen behind by $56,911 (35,570 pounds). Nas was ordered to Los Angeles County Superior Court on Monday, April 12, and the judge presiding over the case ruled the star must hand over an immediate payment of $47,249 (31,499 pounds) in backdated child support and $40,454 (26,969 pounds) in spousal support.
The judge also increased monthly spousal support payments to $10,000 a month until Nas has paid the money he owes his ex-wife. The rapper was also hit with a $155,787 (103,000 pounds) bill for Kelis' legal fees, as well as $48,549 (32,366 pounds) to cover her accounting costs, according to TMZ.com.
Nas and Kelis split at the beginning of 2009, shortly before the birth of their son.
More Nas News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle