Bret Michaels Recovering After Emergency Surgery, Rescheduling April Gigs
Rocker Bret Michaels is recovering in hospital after undergoing emergency surgery to remove his appendix. The Poison frontman was struck down with severe abdominal pain on Sunday night, April 11 before he was set to take to the stage for a concert in San Antonio, Texas.
Doctors diagnosed him with acute appendicitis and ordered him to scrap the gig. He was then rushed into the operating room for an emergency appendectomy. A statement on Michaels' official website says, "(Michaels) remains in the hospital, is doing well and beginning the recovery process."
A rep for the rocker adds that several of the star's upcoming gigs will also have to be canceled: "Michaels, who has been known to perform under extreme conditions that would make most performers cancel, will unfortunately have no choice but to reschedule some of his April tour dates. A listing of all dates being rescheduled will be posted to his website in the coming days."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby