Bret Michaels Recovering After Emergency Surgery, Rescheduling April Gigs
Rocker Bret Michaels is recovering in hospital after undergoing emergency surgery to remove his appendix. The Poison frontman was struck down with severe abdominal pain on Sunday night, April 11 before he was set to take to the stage for a concert in San Antonio, Texas.
Doctors diagnosed him with acute appendicitis and ordered him to scrap the gig. He was then rushed into the operating room for an emergency appendectomy. A statement on Michaels' official website says, "(Michaels) remains in the hospital, is doing well and beginning the recovery process."
A rep for the rocker adds that several of the star's upcoming gigs will also have to be canceled: "Michaels, who has been known to perform under extreme conditions that would make most performers cancel, will unfortunately have no choice but to reschedule some of his April tour dates. A listing of all dates being rescheduled will be posted to his website in the coming days."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival