Bret Michaels Recovering After Emergency Surgery, Rescheduling April Gigs
Rocker Bret Michaels is recovering in hospital after undergoing emergency surgery to remove his appendix. The Poison frontman was struck down with severe abdominal pain on Sunday night, April 11 before he was set to take to the stage for a concert in San Antonio, Texas.
Doctors diagnosed him with acute appendicitis and ordered him to scrap the gig. He was then rushed into the operating room for an emergency appendectomy. A statement on Michaels' official website says, "(Michaels) remains in the hospital, is doing well and beginning the recovery process."
A rep for the rocker adds that several of the star's upcoming gigs will also have to be canceled: "Michaels, who has been known to perform under extreme conditions that would make most performers cancel, will unfortunately have no choice but to reschedule some of his April tour dates. A listing of all dates being rescheduled will be posted to his website in the coming days."
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch