Bret Michaels Recovering After Emergency Surgery, Rescheduling April Gigs
Rocker Bret Michaels is recovering in hospital after undergoing emergency surgery to remove his appendix. The Poison frontman was struck down with severe abdominal pain on Sunday night, April 11 before he was set to take to the stage for a concert in San Antonio, Texas.
Doctors diagnosed him with acute appendicitis and ordered him to scrap the gig. He was then rushed into the operating room for an emergency appendectomy. A statement on Michaels' official website says, "(Michaels) remains in the hospital, is doing well and beginning the recovery process."
A rep for the rocker adds that several of the star's upcoming gigs will also have to be canceled: "Michaels, who has been known to perform under extreme conditions that would make most performers cancel, will unfortunately have no choice but to reschedule some of his April tour dates. A listing of all dates being rescheduled will be posted to his website in the coming days."
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think