Bret Michaels Recovering After Emergency Surgery, Rescheduling April Gigs
Rocker Bret Michaels is recovering in hospital after undergoing emergency surgery to remove his appendix. The Poison frontman was struck down with severe abdominal pain on Sunday night, April 11 before he was set to take to the stage for a concert in San Antonio, Texas.
Doctors diagnosed him with acute appendicitis and ordered him to scrap the gig. He was then rushed into the operating room for an emergency appendectomy. A statement on Michaels' official website says, "(Michaels) remains in the hospital, is doing well and beginning the recovery process."
A rep for the rocker adds that several of the star's upcoming gigs will also have to be canceled: "Michaels, who has been known to perform under extreme conditions that would make most performers cancel, will unfortunately have no choice but to reschedule some of his April tour dates. A listing of all dates being rescheduled will be posted to his website in the coming days."
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease