Taking Back Sunday to Reunite After 7 Years
The founding members of cult rockers Taking Back Sunday are planning a reunion just weeks after two current members of the band quit. Bassist Matt Rubano and guitarist Matt Fazzi announced their departure from the band on March 29 and now frontman Adam Lazzara is working on "a crazy idea" to reunite the group's original recording line-up for the first time in seven years.
Lazzara tells Billboard.com he's considering reteaming with guitarist John Nolan and bassist Shaun Cooper after a phone chat with Nolan in January. He says, "It was almost like no time had passed between us... There's something to be said for that feeling. I generally missed his friendship."
The original five-piece regrouped in March for a session that resulted in seven new songs. Lazzara adds, "Every day, when we'd be done playing and just hanging out on the porch or something, we'd all kind of look at each other and laugh 'cause it's almost like the songs were always there. There's an urgency and an energy and an excitement that's just embedded in the songs that you can't create or fake. I can't wait for people to hear them."
And addressing Fazzi and Rubano's departure, which has enabled the original line-up to reunite, Lazzara states, "Sometimes you just have to do what's right... What we're doing now and how good everything is tells me we're doing the right thing."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake