Taking Back Sunday to Reunite After 7 Years
The founding members of cult rockers Taking Back Sunday are planning a reunion just weeks after two current members of the band quit. Bassist Matt Rubano and guitarist Matt Fazzi announced their departure from the band on March 29 and now frontman Adam Lazzara is working on "a crazy idea" to reunite the group's original recording line-up for the first time in seven years.
Lazzara tells Billboard.com he's considering reteaming with guitarist John Nolan and bassist Shaun Cooper after a phone chat with Nolan in January. He says, "It was almost like no time had passed between us... There's something to be said for that feeling. I generally missed his friendship."
The original five-piece regrouped in March for a session that resulted in seven new songs. Lazzara adds, "Every day, when we'd be done playing and just hanging out on the porch or something, we'd all kind of look at each other and laugh 'cause it's almost like the songs were always there. There's an urgency and an energy and an excitement that's just embedded in the songs that you can't create or fake. I can't wait for people to hear them."
And addressing Fazzi and Rubano's departure, which has enabled the original line-up to reunite, Lazzara states, "Sometimes you just have to do what's right... What we're doing now and how good everything is tells me we're doing the right thing."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic