Ryan Phillippe Shocked by Abbie Cornish's Split Announcement
Actor Ryan Phillippe was astonished when he learned Aussie actress Abbie Cornish had dumped him - because he thought the pair had agreed to mutually and privately end a four-year romance.
Cornish's representative went public with the split in February and sent the "Crash" star reeling. Speaking to U.S. shock jock Howard Stern on Monday, April 12, Phillippe stated, "I have a new rule not to date anyone who has a publicist. Who announces a break-up? I don't understand that. There's no need for that."
The actor also used the radio chat with Stern to attack those who have taken aim at him for ending his seven-year marriage to Reese Witherspoon. He added, "I've been dumped on in the press for relationship stuff since Reese... I'm tired of getting s**t on. I don't feel like I deserve it. Things happen."
Phillippe revealed he's still good friends with his ex-wife - and they console each other over bad break-ups: "After I had my break-up, she called, and after she did, I called."
More Ryan Phillippe News
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- Rihanna, Beyonce and More Thank Barack and Michelle Obama With Adorable Posts
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day