Ryan Phillippe Shocked by Abbie Cornish's Split Announcement
Actor Ryan Phillippe was astonished when he learned Aussie actress Abbie Cornish had dumped him - because he thought the pair had agreed to mutually and privately end a four-year romance.
Cornish's representative went public with the split in February and sent the "Crash" star reeling. Speaking to U.S. shock jock Howard Stern on Monday, April 12, Phillippe stated, "I have a new rule not to date anyone who has a publicist. Who announces a break-up? I don't understand that. There's no need for that."
The actor also used the radio chat with Stern to attack those who have taken aim at him for ending his seven-year marriage to Reese Witherspoon. He added, "I've been dumped on in the press for relationship stuff since Reese... I'm tired of getting s**t on. I don't feel like I deserve it. Things happen."
Phillippe revealed he's still good friends with his ex-wife - and they console each other over bad break-ups: "After I had my break-up, she called, and after she did, I called."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special