Ryan Phillippe Shocked by Abbie Cornish's Split Announcement
Actor Ryan Phillippe was astonished when he learned Aussie actress Abbie Cornish had dumped him - because he thought the pair had agreed to mutually and privately end a four-year romance.
Cornish's representative went public with the split in February and sent the "Crash" star reeling. Speaking to U.S. shock jock Howard Stern on Monday, April 12, Phillippe stated, "I have a new rule not to date anyone who has a publicist. Who announces a break-up? I don't understand that. There's no need for that."
The actor also used the radio chat with Stern to attack those who have taken aim at him for ending his seven-year marriage to Reese Witherspoon. He added, "I've been dumped on in the press for relationship stuff since Reese... I'm tired of getting s**t on. I don't feel like I deserve it. Things happen."
Phillippe revealed he's still good friends with his ex-wife - and they console each other over bad break-ups: "After I had my break-up, she called, and after she did, I called."
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors
- Bedroom Romp? Brandi Glanville and Boyfriend Pose Completely Naked in Bed in NSFW Selfie
- NBC Renews 'Days of Our Lives' for 52nd Season
- Adele Secretly Tied the Knot With Simon Konecki in Low-Key Ceremony at Home
- Demi Moore Is Set to Star as Mysterious Nurse on 'Empire' Season 4
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in Front of Son Cairo and Other Kids
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Seen Together Again Entering a Hotel in Milan
- 'Godzilla: King of Monsters' Taps Kyle Chandler as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Father