Ryan Phillippe Shocked by Abbie Cornish's Split Announcement
Actor Ryan Phillippe was astonished when he learned Aussie actress Abbie Cornish had dumped him - because he thought the pair had agreed to mutually and privately end a four-year romance.
Cornish's representative went public with the split in February and sent the "Crash" star reeling. Speaking to U.S. shock jock Howard Stern on Monday, April 12, Phillippe stated, "I have a new rule not to date anyone who has a publicist. Who announces a break-up? I don't understand that. There's no need for that."
The actor also used the radio chat with Stern to attack those who have taken aim at him for ending his seven-year marriage to Reese Witherspoon. He added, "I've been dumped on in the press for relationship stuff since Reese... I'm tired of getting s**t on. I don't feel like I deserve it. Things happen."
Phillippe revealed he's still good friends with his ex-wife - and they console each other over bad break-ups: "After I had my break-up, she called, and after she did, I called."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie