Ryan Phillippe Shocked by Abbie Cornish's Split Announcement
Actor Ryan Phillippe was astonished when he learned Aussie actress Abbie Cornish had dumped him - because he thought the pair had agreed to mutually and privately end a four-year romance.
Cornish's representative went public with the split in February and sent the "Crash" star reeling. Speaking to U.S. shock jock Howard Stern on Monday, April 12, Phillippe stated, "I have a new rule not to date anyone who has a publicist. Who announces a break-up? I don't understand that. There's no need for that."
The actor also used the radio chat with Stern to attack those who have taken aim at him for ending his seven-year marriage to Reese Witherspoon. He added, "I've been dumped on in the press for relationship stuff since Reese... I'm tired of getting s**t on. I don't feel like I deserve it. Things happen."
Phillippe revealed he's still good friends with his ex-wife - and they console each other over bad break-ups: "After I had my break-up, she called, and after she did, I called."
More Ryan Phillippe News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'