Jim Carrey Laughs Off Breakdown Rumor
Funnyman Jim Carrey has laughed off concerns he's suffering a breakdown following the collapse of his romance with Jenny McCarthy. The "Mask" star stunned Hollywood and fans when he announced his split from his girlfriend of five years on his Twitter.com blog last week, and a pair of bizarre 'tweets' about Tiger Woods' marriage troubles, posted over the weekend, had many fearing the funnyman was losing his mind.
In a post on Friday, April 9, Carrey wrote, "Tiger Woods owes nothing 2 anyone but himself." He then turned on the golfer's scorned wife, Elin Nordegren, declaring, "No wife is blind enough to miss that much infidelity. Elin had 2 b (sic) a willing participant on the ride 4 whatever reason."
Carrey later attempted to explain his comments in another 'tweet', adding, "I want 2 make it CLEAR that I do not condone infidelity at all, but 2 some degree the responsibility 4 it is shared by both people."
The actor's outspoken comments have sparked worries about his mental state, but the star insists he's just thinking more clearly than he ever has before. He writes, "Some folks out there are worried that I stay up too late. This is no breakdown! It's a breakthrough! And if you'll just loosen these straps, I'll show you the difference!"
More Jim Carrey News
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia