Jim Carrey Laughs Off Breakdown Rumor
Funnyman Jim Carrey has laughed off concerns he's suffering a breakdown following the collapse of his romance with Jenny McCarthy. The "Mask" star stunned Hollywood and fans when he announced his split from his girlfriend of five years on his Twitter.com blog last week, and a pair of bizarre 'tweets' about Tiger Woods' marriage troubles, posted over the weekend, had many fearing the funnyman was losing his mind.
In a post on Friday, April 9, Carrey wrote, "Tiger Woods owes nothing 2 anyone but himself." He then turned on the golfer's scorned wife, Elin Nordegren, declaring, "No wife is blind enough to miss that much infidelity. Elin had 2 b (sic) a willing participant on the ride 4 whatever reason."
Carrey later attempted to explain his comments in another 'tweet', adding, "I want 2 make it CLEAR that I do not condone infidelity at all, but 2 some degree the responsibility 4 it is shared by both people."
The actor's outspoken comments have sparked worries about his mental state, but the star insists he's just thinking more clearly than he ever has before. He writes, "Some folks out there are worried that I stay up too late. This is no breakdown! It's a breakthrough! And if you'll just loosen these straps, I'll show you the difference!"
More Jim Carrey News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked