Jim Carrey Laughs Off Breakdown Rumor
Funnyman Jim Carrey has laughed off concerns he's suffering a breakdown following the collapse of his romance with Jenny McCarthy. The "Mask" star stunned Hollywood and fans when he announced his split from his girlfriend of five years on his Twitter.com blog last week, and a pair of bizarre 'tweets' about Tiger Woods' marriage troubles, posted over the weekend, had many fearing the funnyman was losing his mind.
In a post on Friday, April 9, Carrey wrote, "Tiger Woods owes nothing 2 anyone but himself." He then turned on the golfer's scorned wife, Elin Nordegren, declaring, "No wife is blind enough to miss that much infidelity. Elin had 2 b (sic) a willing participant on the ride 4 whatever reason."
Carrey later attempted to explain his comments in another 'tweet', adding, "I want 2 make it CLEAR that I do not condone infidelity at all, but 2 some degree the responsibility 4 it is shared by both people."
The actor's outspoken comments have sparked worries about his mental state, but the star insists he's just thinking more clearly than he ever has before. He writes, "Some folks out there are worried that I stay up too late. This is no breakdown! It's a breakthrough! And if you'll just loosen these straps, I'll show you the difference!"
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS