Vanessa Redgrave Reads William Shakespeare's Tragedy at Brother's Funeral
Vanessa Redgrave was joined by British theater legends Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Trevor Nunn as she bid farewell to her actor brother Corin Redgrave at his funeral in London on Monday, April 12. The British thespian, best known for his stage roles and his turn as Andie MacDowell's Scottish husband in "Four Weddings And a Funeral", died last week at the age of 70.
The West End's most influential names turned out to pay their last respects to Redgrave at the service in London's Convent Garden, with the mourners giving a final standing ovation to the actor as his hearse arrived at the church. Redgrave's university pals McKellen and theater director Nunn gave speeches to the assembled mourners, while his sister Vanessa read from William Shakespeare's "Antony and Cleopatra".
Also in attendance was Redgrave's niece, "Nip/Tuck" actress Joely Richardson and her brother-in-law Liam Neeson, whose wife Natasha Richardson died after skiing accident last year.
The cause of Redgrave's death has not been confirmed, but the actor suffered ill health for several years. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2000 and suffered a major heart attack in 2005.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off