Vanessa Redgrave Reads William Shakespeare's Tragedy at Brother's Funeral
Vanessa Redgrave was joined by British theater legends Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Trevor Nunn as she bid farewell to her actor brother Corin Redgrave at his funeral in London on Monday, April 12. The British thespian, best known for his stage roles and his turn as Andie MacDowell's Scottish husband in "Four Weddings And a Funeral", died last week at the age of 70.
The West End's most influential names turned out to pay their last respects to Redgrave at the service in London's Convent Garden, with the mourners giving a final standing ovation to the actor as his hearse arrived at the church. Redgrave's university pals McKellen and theater director Nunn gave speeches to the assembled mourners, while his sister Vanessa read from William Shakespeare's "Antony and Cleopatra".
Also in attendance was Redgrave's niece, "Nip/Tuck" actress Joely Richardson and her brother-in-law Liam Neeson, whose wife Natasha Richardson died after skiing accident last year.
The cause of Redgrave's death has not been confirmed, but the actor suffered ill health for several years. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2000 and suffered a major heart attack in 2005.
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List
- Report: Prince Harry Plans to Give Meghan Markle Engagement Ring Made From Princess Diana's Bracelet
- Is Nicki Minaj on Safaree Samuels' Side in Meek Mill Beef?
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'