'Mulholland Drive' Sequel in the Making
Director David Lynch is in talks to revive his movie classic "Mulholland Drive" for a sequel, according to the film's star Laura Harring. The film propelled Naomi Watts to fame upon its release in 2001, while also earning Lynch the coveted Prix de la Mise en Scene award at the Cannes Film Festival in France and an Oscar nomination for Best Director.
Now, nine years after the movie's release, Harring has revealed the filmmaker is planning to revive the mysterious thriller on the big screen. She tells NBC.com, "I'm very sure it's coming, it's being born. I cannot really tell you how I know."
The film tells the story of an aspiring actress named Betty Elms (Watts) who meets and befriends an amnesiac (Harring) hiding in her aunt's apartment. Both women are pulled into a psychotic illusion involving a dangerous blue box, a director named Adam Kesher, and the mysterious night club Silencio.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation