'Mulholland Drive' Sequel in the Making
Director David Lynch is in talks to revive his movie classic "Mulholland Drive" for a sequel, according to the film's star Laura Harring. The film propelled Naomi Watts to fame upon its release in 2001, while also earning Lynch the coveted Prix de la Mise en Scene award at the Cannes Film Festival in France and an Oscar nomination for Best Director.
Now, nine years after the movie's release, Harring has revealed the filmmaker is planning to revive the mysterious thriller on the big screen. She tells NBC.com, "I'm very sure it's coming, it's being born. I cannot really tell you how I know."
The film tells the story of an aspiring actress named Betty Elms (Watts) who meets and befriends an amnesiac (Harring) hiding in her aunt's apartment. Both women are pulled into a psychotic illusion involving a dangerous blue box, a director named Adam Kesher, and the mysterious night club Silencio.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert