'Mulholland Drive' Sequel in the Making
Director David Lynch is in talks to revive his movie classic "Mulholland Drive" for a sequel, according to the film's star Laura Harring. The film propelled Naomi Watts to fame upon its release in 2001, while also earning Lynch the coveted Prix de la Mise en Scene award at the Cannes Film Festival in France and an Oscar nomination for Best Director.
Now, nine years after the movie's release, Harring has revealed the filmmaker is planning to revive the mysterious thriller on the big screen. She tells NBC.com, "I'm very sure it's coming, it's being born. I cannot really tell you how I know."
The film tells the story of an aspiring actress named Betty Elms (Watts) who meets and befriends an amnesiac (Harring) hiding in her aunt's apartment. Both women are pulled into a psychotic illusion involving a dangerous blue box, a director named Adam Kesher, and the mysterious night club Silencio.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked