Bobby Brown Requests for Lower Child Support
R&B singer Bobby Brown is heading to court in a bid to lower his child support payments after struggling for years to keep up with his installments. Whitney Houston's ex-husband was jailed for four days in 2007 for skipping payments to Kim Ward, the mother of two of his teenage children.
The star found himself in trouble again last year when he failed to show up for a court hearing after he was accused of owing Ward over $45,000. Brown has now filed legal documents asking for his $5,500-a month payments to be reduced following a change in his income, and a judge at Norfolk Probate Court in Massachusetts has ruled the case can go to trial this summer.
The former New Edition star has been granted a day in court in a bid to prove he has "had a material change in his circumstances", according to Norfolk Register of Probate Patrick McDermott. McDermott tells the Boston Herald newspaper, "It's for the judge to decide. But he has to prove he has had a material change in his circumstances in order to get his support payments modified."
Brown is also dad to Bobbi Kristina, his 17-year-old daughter with ex-wife Houston, and a two-year-old son from another relationship. He is due in court on June 24.
More Bobby Brown News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny