Franz Ferdinand's Frontman Busted for Criminal Offense
Franz Ferdinand frontman Alex Kapranos was "busted" by cops in Mexico over the weekend after he was caught drinking on the street. The singer was enjoying a night out with pals in Mexico City on Saturday, April 10, celebrating the conclusion of the band's Latin American tour.
But the festivities came to an early halt when Kapranos was stopped by police who questioned him over concerns he was drinking alcohol in public, which is considered a criminal offense by Mexican authorities.
Kapranos escaped with a fine, and joked about handing over a U.S. fifty-dollar bill, which features a portrait of former president Ulysses S. Grant. In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Just been busted by Mexico City cops for drinking tequila in street. All fine. My American friend Grant sorted it. My friend Grant, for those who haven't met him. Mexican cops seem to hold him in high regard."
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction