Franz Ferdinand's Frontman Busted for Criminal Offense
Franz Ferdinand frontman Alex Kapranos was "busted" by cops in Mexico over the weekend after he was caught drinking on the street. The singer was enjoying a night out with pals in Mexico City on Saturday, April 10, celebrating the conclusion of the band's Latin American tour.
But the festivities came to an early halt when Kapranos was stopped by police who questioned him over concerns he was drinking alcohol in public, which is considered a criminal offense by Mexican authorities.
Kapranos escaped with a fine, and joked about handing over a U.S. fifty-dollar bill, which features a portrait of former president Ulysses S. Grant. In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Just been busted by Mexico City cops for drinking tequila in street. All fine. My American friend Grant sorted it. My friend Grant, for those who haven't met him. Mexican cops seem to hold him in high regard."
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week