Franz Ferdinand's Frontman Busted for Criminal Offense
Franz Ferdinand frontman Alex Kapranos was "busted" by cops in Mexico over the weekend after he was caught drinking on the street. The singer was enjoying a night out with pals in Mexico City on Saturday, April 10, celebrating the conclusion of the band's Latin American tour.
But the festivities came to an early halt when Kapranos was stopped by police who questioned him over concerns he was drinking alcohol in public, which is considered a criminal offense by Mexican authorities.
Kapranos escaped with a fine, and joked about handing over a U.S. fifty-dollar bill, which features a portrait of former president Ulysses S. Grant. In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Just been busted by Mexico City cops for drinking tequila in street. All fine. My American friend Grant sorted it. My friend Grant, for those who haven't met him. Mexican cops seem to hold him in high regard."
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards