Franz Ferdinand's Frontman Busted for Criminal Offense
Franz Ferdinand frontman Alex Kapranos was "busted" by cops in Mexico over the weekend after he was caught drinking on the street. The singer was enjoying a night out with pals in Mexico City on Saturday, April 10, celebrating the conclusion of the band's Latin American tour.
But the festivities came to an early halt when Kapranos was stopped by police who questioned him over concerns he was drinking alcohol in public, which is considered a criminal offense by Mexican authorities.
Kapranos escaped with a fine, and joked about handing over a U.S. fifty-dollar bill, which features a portrait of former president Ulysses S. Grant. In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Just been busted by Mexico City cops for drinking tequila in street. All fine. My American friend Grant sorted it. My friend Grant, for those who haven't met him. Mexican cops seem to hold him in high regard."
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs