Corey Haim's Mother Denies Using Donated Money to Pay Her Own Bill
Corey Haim's mother Judy has dismissed reports of a dispute over the costs from the star's funeral last month, following allegations money donated to fund the service was used to pay her own medical bills. The former child star passed away in March after suffering an apparent drug overdose at his mum's Los Angeles home.
Haim's family members subsequently appealed for financial help when they struggled to raise enough money to have the actor's body transported back to his native Canada for a memorial service. Bosses at U.S. memorabilia company Startifacts stepped in to help cover the costs, sending Judy Haim a $20,000 (13,333 pounds) cheque and assisting in the sale of Haim's possessions online to raise the rest of the cash.
However, reports have emerged which suggest Haim's brother-in-law, Mark Alexander, told Startifacts executives that bosses at a funeral home in Toronto, Canada paid the bill, and the donated cash would be used to help pay for Judy's ongoing cancer treatment.
Judy has now stepped in to clarify the rumors, telling TMZ.com that the money won't be used to pay her medical bills - as her treatment costs have already been paid for. She confirms bosses at the funeral home did pay for Haim's memorial, but insists she used the donated money to reimburse them.
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach
- Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell Boozing and Whining in 'Bad Moms Christmas' Red Band Teaser Trailer
- Alec Baldwin Accidentally Reveals He and Wife Hilaria Are Renewing Their Wedding Vows
- Here's John Mayer's Cool Response to Katy Perry Ranking Him No. 1 in Bed
- Taylor Swift Is Working on Collaboration With Drake
- Emilia Clarke Says Being a Woman in Hollywood Is 'Like Dealing With Racism'
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene