Corey Haim's Mother Denies Using Donated Money to Pay Her Own Bill
Corey Haim's mother Judy has dismissed reports of a dispute over the costs from the star's funeral last month, following allegations money donated to fund the service was used to pay her own medical bills. The former child star passed away in March after suffering an apparent drug overdose at his mum's Los Angeles home.
Haim's family members subsequently appealed for financial help when they struggled to raise enough money to have the actor's body transported back to his native Canada for a memorial service. Bosses at U.S. memorabilia company Startifacts stepped in to help cover the costs, sending Judy Haim a $20,000 (13,333 pounds) cheque and assisting in the sale of Haim's possessions online to raise the rest of the cash.
However, reports have emerged which suggest Haim's brother-in-law, Mark Alexander, told Startifacts executives that bosses at a funeral home in Toronto, Canada paid the bill, and the donated cash would be used to help pay for Judy's ongoing cancer treatment.
Judy has now stepped in to clarify the rumors, telling TMZ.com that the money won't be used to pay her medical bills - as her treatment costs have already been paid for. She confirms bosses at the funeral home did pay for Haim's memorial, but insists she used the donated money to reimburse them.
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'