Annie Potts Pays Homage to Dixie Carter
"Ghostbusters" actress Annie Potts has paid tribute to her late "Designing Women" co-star Dixie Carter - remembering her as a "goddess". Carter, who starred in the hit sitcom from 1986 until 1993, passed away on Saturday, April 10 aged 70 following a battle with cancer.
And Potts, her fellow castmember in "Designing Women", is devastated by the loss of her pal, calling Carter a "treasure beyond reckoning". She tells Entertainment Tonight, "Dixie Carter was a goddess. Beautiful and brainy, smart and funny, prim and sexy, wickedly talented and divinely sweet."
"The kind of wife and mother that every mother hopes their daughter will become, and the kind of friend that is absolutely irreplaceable. She loved fiercely and was adored in return. To have known her a little was a delight to all. To have known her well, a treasure beyond reckoning. And now, a loss beyond measure."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival