Campaign to Trace Burglars of Orlando Bloom, Paris Hilton and More Stars' Homes Launched
The Los Angeles cop spearheading the campaign to track down the teenage burglars targeting the homes of stars like Orlando Bloom and Paris Hilton is struggling to understand why the thieves stole personal items which were only precious to their owners. The leaders of Hollywood's so-called "Bling Ring" have been rounded up by cops, but case leader Brett Goodkin is still mystified about the motives for the burglaries and what was taken from the homes of Bloom, Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Megan Fox, among others.
He estimates the teenagers' Hollywood haul amounts to more than $2.8 million. Goodkin says, "Many celebrities lost family heirlooms - pieces of jewelery, pieces of art, and (in) most of those cases, they didn't have much monetary value to anyone else. It wasn't about money. It was about, 'My uncle gave it to me,' or, 'Y'know (sic), the first time I ever got a job as an actor, I treated myself and I bought myself that - and I really want it back'."
The six young adults believed to be behind the "Bling Ring" include Rachel Lee and Nicholas Prugo - both 19 year olds are accused of stealing millions in jewelery and luxury goods from stars' homes. They have both pleaded not guilty to charges of felony burglary and receiving stolen property.
More Orlando Bloom News
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair