Jim Carrey: I Don't Condone Tiger Woods' Infidelity
Jim Carrey has attempted to clear up his bizarre Twitter defence of disgraced golfer Tiger Woods, by insisting he does not condone infidelity. The movie star left Twitter followers puzzled when he waded into the Woods' cheating scandal by claiming the embattled golfer's wife must have known about his infidelities.
In a tweet on Friday, April 9, Carrey wrote, "Tiger Woods owes nothing 2 anyone but himself." The actor, who also took to Twitter to announce his split from girlfriend Jenny McCarthy earlier in week, then turned on the golfer's scorned wife, Elin Nordegren, declaring "No wife is blind enough to miss that much infidelity. Elin had 2 b (sic) a willing participant on the ride 4 whatever reason."
Carrey's comments sparked much online debate over the weekend, and now the funnyman has taken to Twitter in a bid to explain himself. He adds, "I want 2 make it CLEAR that I do not condone infidelity at all, but 2 some degree the responsibility 4 it is shared by both people."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics