Jim Carrey: I Don't Condone Tiger Woods' Infidelity
Jim Carrey has attempted to clear up his bizarre Twitter defence of disgraced golfer Tiger Woods, by insisting he does not condone infidelity. The movie star left Twitter followers puzzled when he waded into the Woods' cheating scandal by claiming the embattled golfer's wife must have known about his infidelities.
In a tweet on Friday, April 9, Carrey wrote, "Tiger Woods owes nothing 2 anyone but himself." The actor, who also took to Twitter to announce his split from girlfriend Jenny McCarthy earlier in week, then turned on the golfer's scorned wife, Elin Nordegren, declaring "No wife is blind enough to miss that much infidelity. Elin had 2 b (sic) a willing participant on the ride 4 whatever reason."
Carrey's comments sparked much online debate over the weekend, and now the funnyman has taken to Twitter in a bid to explain himself. He adds, "I want 2 make it CLEAR that I do not condone infidelity at all, but 2 some degree the responsibility 4 it is shared by both people."
More Jim Carrey News
- Nick Jonas Is in Talks for 'Jumanji' Reboot, Chris Evans Circles Lead Role in Lionsgate's 'Jekyll'
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards