Corey Feldman and Kristy Swanson Stage Farewell Dinner to Honor Late Corey Haim
Child stars Corey Feldman and Todd Bridges and actress Kristy Swanson staged a farewell dinner to honor their late pal Corey Haim in Marina Del Rey, California on Thursday night, April 8. Feldman was forced to scrap plans for a formal memorial service because Haim's mother, Judy, was still too upset and too ill to attend such a big event - and so he arranged for the tragic actor's closest friends and his mum to meet up and toast the star's memory.
Swanson tells People, "Had Corey wished to be anywhere, he would have loved to be with us last night, to be with all his old friends." Guests also included actresses Nicole Eggert and Robyn Lively. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" star Swanson adds, "It was like a reunion. Robyn brought tons of old pictures - lots of people with crazy hair and funny clothes, and people gave Judy gifts."
"I had a picture of me with Corey on the set of 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', and I gave that to her. There were no speeches, just lots of picture taking, talking and sharing pictures of our kids." Haim died from an apparent drug overdose on March 10.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle