P. Diddy, Boy George and More Honor Late Malcolm McLaren
Stars including P. Diddy, Boy George and New York Dolls' rocker Sylvain Sylvain have led tributes to late punk icon Malcolm McLaren, who lost his battle with cancer on Thursday, April 8. The former Sex Pistols' manager passed away at the age of 64 after struggling with a rare form of cancer called mesothelioma.
Sex Pistols' frontman John Lydon and McLaren's former partner, designer Vivienne Westwood, have both expressed their sadness over the impresario's passing, and now tributes have flooded in from other stars. Rap mogul P. Diddy took to his Twitter page after the sad news broke to pass on his condolences, writing "Malcolm McLaren. RIP - music lost an icon today," while former Culture Club's frontman Boy George added, "R.I.P Malcolm McLaren. Punk will never die! Malcolm was a rogue, we had our dramas but he was a huge part of my life!"
New York Dolls' guitarist Sylvain has also spoken about McLaren, who managed the band in the 1970s. He tells NME, "(He was a) beautiful guy (who was) ahead of his time. Me and Malcolm always stayed friends throughout the years. He always had a great sense of humor, he always had a smile on his face. He would cheer you up if you were down." Sylvain revealed the group will dedicate their track "Jet Boy" to McLaren at their upcoming London show on April 19.
More P. Diddy News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo