Ruben Studdard Met Wife at CD Signing Session
R&B star Ruben Studdard met his wife at a CD signing session when she agreed to stand in line for a friend who couldn't make it to the store appearance. The "American Idol" champ was meeting fans at a Wal-Mart superstore in Atlanta, Georgia when he first met the woman who was to become his wife and she wasn't even that much of a fan.
He explains, "Her best friend was one of my biggest fans. My wife was a flight attendant at the time and had just landed on a flight to her friend calling (sic) her crying because she couldn't get off of work to get her CD signed."
"So my wife said that she would come and do it and she came through the line and told me the story about her friend and how much she loved me, and I looked up and was just like, 'Yo, what about you?' " Studdard wed Surata McCants in 2008.
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick