Ruben Studdard Met Wife at CD Signing Session
R&B star Ruben Studdard met his wife at a CD signing session when she agreed to stand in line for a friend who couldn't make it to the store appearance. The "American Idol" champ was meeting fans at a Wal-Mart superstore in Atlanta, Georgia when he first met the woman who was to become his wife and she wasn't even that much of a fan.
He explains, "Her best friend was one of my biggest fans. My wife was a flight attendant at the time and had just landed on a flight to her friend calling (sic) her crying because she couldn't get off of work to get her CD signed."
"So my wife said that she would come and do it and she came through the line and told me the story about her friend and how much she loved me, and I looked up and was just like, 'Yo, what about you?' " Studdard wed Surata McCants in 2008.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'