Ruben Studdard Met Wife at CD Signing Session
R&B star Ruben Studdard met his wife at a CD signing session when she agreed to stand in line for a friend who couldn't make it to the store appearance. The "American Idol" champ was meeting fans at a Wal-Mart superstore in Atlanta, Georgia when he first met the woman who was to become his wife and she wasn't even that much of a fan.
He explains, "Her best friend was one of my biggest fans. My wife was a flight attendant at the time and had just landed on a flight to her friend calling (sic) her crying because she couldn't get off of work to get her CD signed."
"So my wife said that she would come and do it and she came through the line and told me the story about her friend and how much she loved me, and I looked up and was just like, 'Yo, what about you?' " Studdard wed Surata McCants in 2008.
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung
- 'Supergirl': Get First Look at General Zod in Set Photos and Video
- Desperate Tyga to Use Son King Cairo to Get Back With Kylie Jenner
- Beyonce's Pic of Ordering Food Sparks Funny Twitter Reactions
- 'Cars 3' New Trailer Sees Lightning McQueen's Emotional Crisis