Ruben Studdard Met Wife at CD Signing Session
R&B star Ruben Studdard met his wife at a CD signing session when she agreed to stand in line for a friend who couldn't make it to the store appearance. The "American Idol" champ was meeting fans at a Wal-Mart superstore in Atlanta, Georgia when he first met the woman who was to become his wife and she wasn't even that much of a fan.
He explains, "Her best friend was one of my biggest fans. My wife was a flight attendant at the time and had just landed on a flight to her friend calling (sic) her crying because she couldn't get off of work to get her CD signed."
"So my wife said that she would come and do it and she came through the line and told me the story about her friend and how much she loved me, and I looked up and was just like, 'Yo, what about you?' " Studdard wed Surata McCants in 2008.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip