Ruben Studdard Met Wife at CD Signing Session
R&B star Ruben Studdard met his wife at a CD signing session when she agreed to stand in line for a friend who couldn't make it to the store appearance. The "American Idol" champ was meeting fans at a Wal-Mart superstore in Atlanta, Georgia when he first met the woman who was to become his wife and she wasn't even that much of a fan.
He explains, "Her best friend was one of my biggest fans. My wife was a flight attendant at the time and had just landed on a flight to her friend calling (sic) her crying because she couldn't get off of work to get her CD signed."
"So my wife said that she would come and do it and she came through the line and told me the story about her friend and how much she loved me, and I looked up and was just like, 'Yo, what about you?' " Studdard wed Surata McCants in 2008.
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby