Corey Haim's Public Memorial Service Called Off
A public memorial for tragic actor Corey Haim has been called off because his mum is still too upset to host the service, according to the star's best pal Corey Feldman. The "Lost Boys" star died from an apparent drug overdose at his mother Judy's Los Angeles home on March 10 and was laid to rest in a private funeral in his native Toronto, Canada, days later.
Fans and friends were due to pay their final respects at a public ceremony but Judy has called off the service, according to Feldman. In a post on his blog, he explains, "I must be the bearer of some very disappointing news to many of you out there. After weeks of consideration and planning, the ultimate decision has been made by Corey's mother Judy Haim to not go forward with a public memorial service."
"Her reasoning for this is that she is in tremendous grief and feels that to create an event celebrating Corey's life would be too much for her to bear at this time. I must respect the wishes of his mother, and help her in any way I can through this difficult time. Ultimately that is what Corey would have wanted more than anything. To know that his mother is at peace as much as possible in his absence."
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?