Corey Haim's Public Memorial Service Called Off
A public memorial for tragic actor Corey Haim has been called off because his mum is still too upset to host the service, according to the star's best pal Corey Feldman. The "Lost Boys" star died from an apparent drug overdose at his mother Judy's Los Angeles home on March 10 and was laid to rest in a private funeral in his native Toronto, Canada, days later.
Fans and friends were due to pay their final respects at a public ceremony but Judy has called off the service, according to Feldman. In a post on his blog, he explains, "I must be the bearer of some very disappointing news to many of you out there. After weeks of consideration and planning, the ultimate decision has been made by Corey's mother Judy Haim to not go forward with a public memorial service."
"Her reasoning for this is that she is in tremendous grief and feels that to create an event celebrating Corey's life would be too much for her to bear at this time. I must respect the wishes of his mother, and help her in any way I can through this difficult time. Ultimately that is what Corey would have wanted more than anything. To know that his mother is at peace as much as possible in his absence."
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses