Pete Doherty's Reunion With The Libertines Not Leading Into Babyshambles' Split
British rockers Babyshambles have assured fans the band will not split now frontman Pete Doherty has rejoined The Libertines. The troubled rocker was kicked out of The Libertines in 2004 after his spiraling drug habit lead to a series of bust-ups with bandmate Carl Barat. The band split shortly after the singer's departure.
Doherty went on to form his own band, Babyshambles, while Barat launched Dirty Pretty Things, who went their separate ways in 2008. The Libertines recently announced a reunion, with gigs planned in Britain over the summer and the news sparked fears that Babyshambles would be no more.
But the group's management has moved to assure fans the band will continue once Doherty's reunion with The Libertines is over. A statement, released to NME, reads, "Reports that Babyshambles are no more are categorically untrue."
Doherty and his fellow Babyshambles rockers underlined their commitment to the group on Thursday, April 8 by announcing they will headline the NME Weekender festival in England in November.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group