Pete Doherty's Reunion With The Libertines Not Leading Into Babyshambles' Split
British rockers Babyshambles have assured fans the band will not split now frontman Pete Doherty has rejoined The Libertines. The troubled rocker was kicked out of The Libertines in 2004 after his spiraling drug habit lead to a series of bust-ups with bandmate Carl Barat. The band split shortly after the singer's departure.
Doherty went on to form his own band, Babyshambles, while Barat launched Dirty Pretty Things, who went their separate ways in 2008. The Libertines recently announced a reunion, with gigs planned in Britain over the summer and the news sparked fears that Babyshambles would be no more.
But the group's management has moved to assure fans the band will continue once Doherty's reunion with The Libertines is over. A statement, released to NME, reads, "Reports that Babyshambles are no more are categorically untrue."
Doherty and his fellow Babyshambles rockers underlined their commitment to the group on Thursday, April 8 by announcing they will headline the NME Weekender festival in England in November.
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now