Pete Doherty's Reunion With The Libertines Not Leading Into Babyshambles' Split
British rockers Babyshambles have assured fans the band will not split now frontman Pete Doherty has rejoined The Libertines. The troubled rocker was kicked out of The Libertines in 2004 after his spiraling drug habit lead to a series of bust-ups with bandmate Carl Barat. The band split shortly after the singer's departure.
Doherty went on to form his own band, Babyshambles, while Barat launched Dirty Pretty Things, who went their separate ways in 2008. The Libertines recently announced a reunion, with gigs planned in Britain over the summer and the news sparked fears that Babyshambles would be no more.
But the group's management has moved to assure fans the band will continue once Doherty's reunion with The Libertines is over. A statement, released to NME, reads, "Reports that Babyshambles are no more are categorically untrue."
Doherty and his fellow Babyshambles rockers underlined their commitment to the group on Thursday, April 8 by announcing they will headline the NME Weekender festival in England in November.
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'