Katherine Heigl Will Miss Her 'Grey's Anatomy' Family
Katherine Heigl is sad to be finally leaving "Grey's Anatomy" because her fellow cast members became like "family" during her six-year stint on the hit show. Heigl has been dogged by rumors of a departure from the show ever since she landed her movie break-out role in 2007's "Knocked Up".
After taking a three-month hiatus from the hit medical drama, Heigl finally announced in March that she will no longer be a part of the series because she wants to focus on being a mum to adopted daughter Naleigh. The 31-year-old is adamant she has not fallen out with her former colleagues - insisting she's desperate to meet Ellen Pompeo's baby daughter Stella Luna.
She tells Entertainment Weekly, "Ellen (Pompeo) and I text a lot. I'm still waiting to meet Stella Luna. And Justin (Chambers) and I have been texting. Chyler Leigh is one of the most amazing young women. Just unbelievably lovely and supportive."
"These are my friends. They're kind of family at this point. I spent more time with them over the past six years than I did with my own family. So I'm going to miss that."
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance