Katherine Heigl Will Miss Her 'Grey's Anatomy' Family
Katherine Heigl is sad to be finally leaving "Grey's Anatomy" because her fellow cast members became like "family" during her six-year stint on the hit show. Heigl has been dogged by rumors of a departure from the show ever since she landed her movie break-out role in 2007's "Knocked Up".
After taking a three-month hiatus from the hit medical drama, Heigl finally announced in March that she will no longer be a part of the series because she wants to focus on being a mum to adopted daughter Naleigh. The 31-year-old is adamant she has not fallen out with her former colleagues - insisting she's desperate to meet Ellen Pompeo's baby daughter Stella Luna.
She tells Entertainment Weekly, "Ellen (Pompeo) and I text a lot. I'm still waiting to meet Stella Luna. And Justin (Chambers) and I have been texting. Chyler Leigh is one of the most amazing young women. Just unbelievably lovely and supportive."
"These are my friends. They're kind of family at this point. I spent more time with them over the past six years than I did with my own family. So I'm going to miss that."
More Katherine Heigl News
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London