Katherine Heigl Will Miss Her 'Grey's Anatomy' Family
Katherine Heigl is sad to be finally leaving "Grey's Anatomy" because her fellow cast members became like "family" during her six-year stint on the hit show. Heigl has been dogged by rumors of a departure from the show ever since she landed her movie break-out role in 2007's "Knocked Up".
After taking a three-month hiatus from the hit medical drama, Heigl finally announced in March that she will no longer be a part of the series because she wants to focus on being a mum to adopted daughter Naleigh. The 31-year-old is adamant she has not fallen out with her former colleagues - insisting she's desperate to meet Ellen Pompeo's baby daughter Stella Luna.
She tells Entertainment Weekly, "Ellen (Pompeo) and I text a lot. I'm still waiting to meet Stella Luna. And Justin (Chambers) and I have been texting. Chyler Leigh is one of the most amazing young women. Just unbelievably lovely and supportive."
"These are my friends. They're kind of family at this point. I spent more time with them over the past six years than I did with my own family. So I'm going to miss that."
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel
- Are Miranda Kerr and Husband Evan Spiegel Expecting a Baby?