Tom Hanks, Keanu Reeves and More Gather in Shakespearean Classic
Tom Hanks, Keanu Reeves, Ewan McGregor and Julia Roberts have teamed up to form an all-star cast in Shakespearean classic "Much Ado About Nothing" for a one-off charity performance. The actors will read The Bard's famous play at the Broad Stage in Santa Monica, California on Monday night, April 12, along with Martin Sheen and Helen Hunt, with music from veteran rocker Jackson Browne, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The show is part of a benefit gala, called the 20th Annual Simply Shakespeare Celebrity Reading, which will raise money for the Shakespeare Center Los Angeles, an organization which creates literary programs to help impoverished young people in the city.
The reading will be a second appearance in "Much Ado About Nothing" for Reeves, who also starred as Don John in the 1993 movie version with Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson.
More Tom Hanks News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'