Tom Hanks, Keanu Reeves and More Gather in Shakespearean Classic
Tom Hanks, Keanu Reeves, Ewan McGregor and Julia Roberts have teamed up to form an all-star cast in Shakespearean classic "Much Ado About Nothing" for a one-off charity performance. The actors will read The Bard's famous play at the Broad Stage in Santa Monica, California on Monday night, April 12, along with Martin Sheen and Helen Hunt, with music from veteran rocker Jackson Browne, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The show is part of a benefit gala, called the 20th Annual Simply Shakespeare Celebrity Reading, which will raise money for the Shakespeare Center Los Angeles, an organization which creates literary programs to help impoverished young people in the city.
The reading will be a second appearance in "Much Ado About Nothing" for Reeves, who also starred as Don John in the 1993 movie version with Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson.
More Tom Hanks News
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'