Tom Hanks, Keanu Reeves and More Gather in Shakespearean Classic
Tom Hanks, Keanu Reeves, Ewan McGregor and Julia Roberts have teamed up to form an all-star cast in Shakespearean classic "Much Ado About Nothing" for a one-off charity performance. The actors will read The Bard's famous play at the Broad Stage in Santa Monica, California on Monday night, April 12, along with Martin Sheen and Helen Hunt, with music from veteran rocker Jackson Browne, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The show is part of a benefit gala, called the 20th Annual Simply Shakespeare Celebrity Reading, which will raise money for the Shakespeare Center Los Angeles, an organization which creates literary programs to help impoverished young people in the city.
The reading will be a second appearance in "Much Ado About Nothing" for Reeves, who also starred as Don John in the 1993 movie version with Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson.
More Tom Hanks News
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel