Tom Hanks, Keanu Reeves and More Gather in Shakespearean Classic
Tom Hanks, Keanu Reeves, Ewan McGregor and Julia Roberts have teamed up to form an all-star cast in Shakespearean classic "Much Ado About Nothing" for a one-off charity performance. The actors will read The Bard's famous play at the Broad Stage in Santa Monica, California on Monday night, April 12, along with Martin Sheen and Helen Hunt, with music from veteran rocker Jackson Browne, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The show is part of a benefit gala, called the 20th Annual Simply Shakespeare Celebrity Reading, which will raise money for the Shakespeare Center Los Angeles, an organization which creates literary programs to help impoverished young people in the city.
The reading will be a second appearance in "Much Ado About Nothing" for Reeves, who also starred as Don John in the 1993 movie version with Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson.
More Tom Hanks News
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly