Tom Hanks, Keanu Reeves and More Gather in Shakespearean Classic
Tom Hanks, Keanu Reeves, Ewan McGregor and Julia Roberts have teamed up to form an all-star cast in Shakespearean classic "Much Ado About Nothing" for a one-off charity performance. The actors will read The Bard's famous play at the Broad Stage in Santa Monica, California on Monday night, April 12, along with Martin Sheen and Helen Hunt, with music from veteran rocker Jackson Browne, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The show is part of a benefit gala, called the 20th Annual Simply Shakespeare Celebrity Reading, which will raise money for the Shakespeare Center Los Angeles, an organization which creates literary programs to help impoverished young people in the city.
The reading will be a second appearance in "Much Ado About Nothing" for Reeves, who also starred as Don John in the 1993 movie version with Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson.
More Tom Hanks News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns