Brian May Upset After Learning Queen's Song Is Used in Hunting Video
Queen star Brian May is fuming over the use of his band's hit "Don't Stop Me Now" in a pro-hunting campaign in Britain. The 1978 track can be heard over the video promoting hare coursing, allegedly compiled by a member of the Countryside Alliance (CA), a group pushing for a ban against blood sports to be lifted in the U.K.
The guitarist has decided to share the video with friends and fans - in the hope it will deter people who might vote for Conservative party leader David Cameron, who is vying to become Britain's Prime Minister in the May election, after the politician said he would let Members of Parliament decide whether the ban should be overturned.
In a post on his blog, May writes, "One of my (blog) readers has just sent me a link to this tawdry video which has reminded me just how sick some of these 'sportsmen' are. It's very amateurish, but shows a whole sequence of stills illustrating (and, one presumes, from the comments, glorifying) one of the so-called 'sports' which the CA supports, and which will become legal again if the Tories (Conservatives) win the coming election."
"It's hard to imagine a more despicable 'fun' activity. I was sent this link by someone who was appalled that they have used a Queen track as the soundtrack. They asked me if I could get it taken down from YouTube."
"Well, I nearly did... and maybe I will eventually. But, you know... maybe there is a better idea. (I want to show it to) anyone who seems to think it would be cool to repeal the Hunting Act... Perhaps it's worth seeing, to be clear just how low."
More Queen News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal