Lil Wayne Lands 'Suicide Watch' Job in Prison
Rapper Lil Wayne is on "suicide watch" in prison - he's has been asked to keep an eye on desperate fellow inmates, according to his ex-girlfriend. The 27-year-old rapper, real name Dwayne Carter Jr., began his year-long stint for gun possession in maximum-security New York prison Rikers Island in March, and he has been given a big responsibility behind bars.
Antonia 'Toya' Johnson, the mother of Wayne's 11-year-old daughter, tells Us Magazine, "Wayne has a job. They got him on suicide watch for other prisoners. He watches the crazy prisoners and makes sure they don't kill themselves. He likes the job, even though they don't pay him much."
She insists her ex is "doing OK" and "getting along with everybody".
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split