Lil Wayne Lands 'Suicide Watch' Job in Prison
Rapper Lil Wayne is on "suicide watch" in prison - he's has been asked to keep an eye on desperate fellow inmates, according to his ex-girlfriend. The 27-year-old rapper, real name Dwayne Carter Jr., began his year-long stint for gun possession in maximum-security New York prison Rikers Island in March, and he has been given a big responsibility behind bars.
Antonia 'Toya' Johnson, the mother of Wayne's 11-year-old daughter, tells Us Magazine, "Wayne has a job. They got him on suicide watch for other prisoners. He watches the crazy prisoners and makes sure they don't kill themselves. He likes the job, even though they don't pay him much."
She insists her ex is "doing OK" and "getting along with everybody".
More Lil Wayne News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard