Lil Wayne Lands 'Suicide Watch' Job in Prison
Rapper Lil Wayne is on "suicide watch" in prison - he's has been asked to keep an eye on desperate fellow inmates, according to his ex-girlfriend. The 27-year-old rapper, real name Dwayne Carter Jr., began his year-long stint for gun possession in maximum-security New York prison Rikers Island in March, and he has been given a big responsibility behind bars.
Antonia 'Toya' Johnson, the mother of Wayne's 11-year-old daughter, tells Us Magazine, "Wayne has a job. They got him on suicide watch for other prisoners. He watches the crazy prisoners and makes sure they don't kill themselves. He likes the job, even though they don't pay him much."
She insists her ex is "doing OK" and "getting along with everybody".
More Lil Wayne News
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'