Lil Wayne Lands 'Suicide Watch' Job in Prison
Rapper Lil Wayne is on "suicide watch" in prison - he's has been asked to keep an eye on desperate fellow inmates, according to his ex-girlfriend. The 27-year-old rapper, real name Dwayne Carter Jr., began his year-long stint for gun possession in maximum-security New York prison Rikers Island in March, and he has been given a big responsibility behind bars.
Antonia 'Toya' Johnson, the mother of Wayne's 11-year-old daughter, tells Us Magazine, "Wayne has a job. They got him on suicide watch for other prisoners. He watches the crazy prisoners and makes sure they don't kill themselves. He likes the job, even though they don't pay him much."
She insists her ex is "doing OK" and "getting along with everybody".
More Lil Wayne News
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video