Kanye West to Face Marion Knight in Court Over Party Shooting Incident
Rap heavyweights Kanye West and Marion Knight aka Suge are set to meet in court over a shooting incident at a Miami Beach, Florida party. Death Row Records founder Knight claims party host West and the owners of the Shore Club failed to provide adequate security at the star-studded 2005 bash, where he was shot in the leg.
Police investigating the incident still haven't been able to identify who fired the shot and no one has ever been arrested. So Knight has taken aim at West and the club owners and is seeking damages of over $1 million to cover his medical bills and the cost of replacing jewelery that went missing at the venue after he was shot.
The fallen rap mogul's lawyer Marc Brumer says, "He's (Knight) an icon in the music industry. He walks in a room and he lights it up. He had an expectation of security there. How someone came with a gun into a very VIP party, that just doesn't meet the smell test in life."
And, after fighting for justice for over four years, U.S. District Judge Patricia Seitz agrees Knight should have his day in court and has scheduled a trial date in Miami for December. West and the Shore Club owners have previously denied Knight's claims of negligence. In his lawsuit, Knight claims those behind the party should have been aware of his reputation, and his presence at the bash could produce a "dangerous environment".
More Kanye West News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic