Christopher Meloni Denies He Quit 'Law and Order: Special Victims Unit'
"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star Christopher Meloni has secured his future on the cop drama following reports he was planning to quit the show. The actor admits he was wrong to suggest he was leaving the hit show in a recent interview with an Australian newspaper and should have chosen his words more carefully.
The TV star, who plays Det. Eliot Stabler on the show, says, "What I said was, 'When your contract is done... that will be the end. Because when your contract is done, it's usually the end'. I couched it incorrectly... I had one year on my contract. Our show hasn't been picked up. Those are the facts of the matter." But Meloni insists he'll stay with the show if it gets picked up.
Christopher Meloni has become regular in 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit' since 1999. In the TV series, he stars opposite Mariska Hargitay, Richard Belzer, Dann Florek and Steven Zirnkilton.
More Law & Order: Special Victims Unit News
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards