Christopher Meloni Denies He Quit 'Law and Order: Special Victims Unit'
"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star Christopher Meloni has secured his future on the cop drama following reports he was planning to quit the show. The actor admits he was wrong to suggest he was leaving the hit show in a recent interview with an Australian newspaper and should have chosen his words more carefully.
The TV star, who plays Det. Eliot Stabler on the show, says, "What I said was, 'When your contract is done... that will be the end. Because when your contract is done, it's usually the end'. I couched it incorrectly... I had one year on my contract. Our show hasn't been picked up. Those are the facts of the matter." But Meloni insists he'll stay with the show if it gets picked up.
Christopher Meloni has become regular in 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit' since 1999. In the TV series, he stars opposite Mariska Hargitay, Richard Belzer, Dann Florek and Steven Zirnkilton.
More Law & Order: Special Victims Unit News
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala