Benjamin Bratt: 'La Mission' Is 'a Family Affair'
Actor Benjamin Bratt made his new drama "La Mission" a real family affair - he stars alongside his wife in a film written and directed by his brother. The former "Law & Order" star's older brother Peter penned the script for the hard-hitting movie, about a father who struggles to come to terms with the fact his son is homosexual.
The Bratts shot "La Mission" in their native San Francisco, California and even recruited some old pals as extras while filming in the Mission District. Benjamin tells People magazine, "It's a place that's been our backyard since we were born. It was very much like a block party."
Peter Bratt adds, "A lot of friends we grew up with did cameos. It was a family affair." Benjamin enjoyed working alongside his actress wife Talisa Soto, but admits he struggled a little with her role, revealing "(It was) incredible. The only difficulty was that she was playing someone else's wife!"
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media