Benjamin Bratt: 'La Mission' Is 'a Family Affair'
Actor Benjamin Bratt made his new drama "La Mission" a real family affair - he stars alongside his wife in a film written and directed by his brother. The former "Law & Order" star's older brother Peter penned the script for the hard-hitting movie, about a father who struggles to come to terms with the fact his son is homosexual.
The Bratts shot "La Mission" in their native San Francisco, California and even recruited some old pals as extras while filming in the Mission District. Benjamin tells People magazine, "It's a place that's been our backyard since we were born. It was very much like a block party."
Peter Bratt adds, "A lot of friends we grew up with did cameos. It was a family affair." Benjamin enjoyed working alongside his actress wife Talisa Soto, but admits he struggled a little with her role, revealing "(It was) incredible. The only difficulty was that she was playing someone else's wife!"
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'