Benjamin Bratt: 'La Mission' Is 'a Family Affair'
Actor Benjamin Bratt made his new drama "La Mission" a real family affair - he stars alongside his wife in a film written and directed by his brother. The former "Law & Order" star's older brother Peter penned the script for the hard-hitting movie, about a father who struggles to come to terms with the fact his son is homosexual.
The Bratts shot "La Mission" in their native San Francisco, California and even recruited some old pals as extras while filming in the Mission District. Benjamin tells People magazine, "It's a place that's been our backyard since we were born. It was very much like a block party."
Peter Bratt adds, "A lot of friends we grew up with did cameos. It was a family affair." Benjamin enjoyed working alongside his actress wife Talisa Soto, but admits he struggled a little with her role, revealing "(It was) incredible. The only difficulty was that she was playing someone else's wife!"
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance