Lenny Kravitz Hired to Redesign Bar Lounge in Miami Hotel
Lenny Kravitz is expanding his design portfolio - the rocker has reportedly been hired to revitalize a hotel lounge in Miami, Florida. The "Are You Gonna Go My Way" hitmaker opened his own design firm in 2003, and has worked on projects at Miami's Setai and Delano hotels.
According to the New York Post, Kravitz met with owners of the Shelbourne Hotel in South Beach at the weekend to discuss a new partnership. The rocker is reportedly designing a Sand Bar lounge for the art deco hotel, which will reopen with a new look in autumn.
AS reported by Hotel Chatter, Lenny Kravitz himself shared about his Delano project, saying "My aunt had a place in her house where everyone played, hung out, listened to music and where all the fun was had, called the Florida room. We decided to create a space with this theme in mind but that also had the feeling of the old piano lounges in the resorts back in the 50's in Florida, Cuba and New York City."
"I love the rich musical history of Miami Beach. The Beatles, James Brown and Frank Sinatra all spent time here," he added. "We see the Delano as having this same kind of rich history and also took cues from this to envision the place I always wanted at the beach, but hasn't existed here in a long time."
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos