Lenny Kravitz Hired to Redesign Bar Lounge in Miami Hotel
Lenny Kravitz is expanding his design portfolio - the rocker has reportedly been hired to revitalize a hotel lounge in Miami, Florida. The "Are You Gonna Go My Way" hitmaker opened his own design firm in 2003, and has worked on projects at Miami's Setai and Delano hotels.
According to the New York Post, Kravitz met with owners of the Shelbourne Hotel in South Beach at the weekend to discuss a new partnership. The rocker is reportedly designing a Sand Bar lounge for the art deco hotel, which will reopen with a new look in autumn.
AS reported by Hotel Chatter, Lenny Kravitz himself shared about his Delano project, saying "My aunt had a place in her house where everyone played, hung out, listened to music and where all the fun was had, called the Florida room. We decided to create a space with this theme in mind but that also had the feeling of the old piano lounges in the resorts back in the 50's in Florida, Cuba and New York City."
"I love the rich musical history of Miami Beach. The Beatles, James Brown and Frank Sinatra all spent time here," he added. "We see the Delano as having this same kind of rich history and also took cues from this to envision the place I always wanted at the beach, but hasn't existed here in a long time."
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch