Biological Father Desperate to See Madonna's Adopted Daughter
The biological father of Madonna's adopted daughter Mercy has reportedly missed out on a meeting with the tot because he emigrated to South Africa prior to the superstar's latest trip to Malawi. Madonna, along with daughters Mercy and Lourdes, jetted into the African nation earlier this week to lay the first brick of her $15 million Raising Malawi Academy for Girls, which is scheduled to open its doors to 450 students in 2011.
Reports suggest the pop superstar was planning to let her four-year-old Malawian daughter, who she adopted in 2009, meet her real family during the trip, including her father James Kambewa. However, Kambewa, who launched a legal bid in April 2009 to regain custody of his daughter only to give up his fight two months later, has left Malawi and moved to South Africa to make a "better life" for himself.
Working as a security guard in a shopping mall, Kambewa is saving his wages in the hope he can visit Mercy at Madonna's home in London, and is distraught he missed the chance to see the child in his homeland. He tells Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper, "Now I am in South Africa I can earn far more. I hope to use the money to help me be a proper dad to Mercy. Now I am saving my money. I could save up and fly to London to visit Mercy, if her new mother would allow me to. I know planes cost a lot of money but I am desperate to see my girl."
"It is so hard for me not to be in Malawi when my daughter is there but I needed to leave my home country to start a better life. It's a year now since Madonna took my baby but every day my heart cries out for Mercy. I know she is living a life of wealth but she is my child. I still hope one day to see her. It is nonsense to say I left Malawi because I was in trouble. It was to make a better life."
And the 25-year-old is still hoping to launch another legal battle against the Queen of Pop in a bid to win his daughter back but only when he can afford a lawyer. He adds, "Perhaps one day I can employ a lawyer who will take this into a court. I'd like to challenge Madonna's right to have my baby. I am still her father, even though she has had Mercy for one year now."
More Madonna News
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms