Work on 'Planet of the Apes' Prequel to Start in July
The "Planet of the Apes" franchise is swinging back into cinemas - "The Escapist" 's director Rupert Wyatt is overseeing a prequel to the sci-fi series. The original 1968 film was a huge hit, starring Charlton Heston as an astronaut who crash lands on a planet where primates rule and humans are slaves.
Another four sequels followed, as well as Tim Burton's remake of the original movie which was released in 2001. And following years of speculation over a planned new film, Wyatt, who has only helmed five films since 1999, has signed on to oversee a prequel to the Heston classic. Work on the latest venture, tentatively titled "Planet of the Apes: Caesar", will start in July, according to Production Weekly.
"Untitled Planet of the Apes Prequel" tells about the origins of how the Apes took over Earth after human raised a hyper-intelligent chimp.
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans