Work on 'Planet of the Apes' Prequel to Start in July
The "Planet of the Apes" franchise is swinging back into cinemas - "The Escapist" 's director Rupert Wyatt is overseeing a prequel to the sci-fi series. The original 1968 film was a huge hit, starring Charlton Heston as an astronaut who crash lands on a planet where primates rule and humans are slaves.
Another four sequels followed, as well as Tim Burton's remake of the original movie which was released in 2001. And following years of speculation over a planned new film, Wyatt, who has only helmed five films since 1999, has signed on to oversee a prequel to the Heston classic. Work on the latest venture, tentatively titled "Planet of the Apes: Caesar", will start in July, according to Production Weekly.
"Untitled Planet of the Apes Prequel" tells about the origins of how the Apes took over Earth after human raised a hyper-intelligent chimp.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday