Work on 'Planet of the Apes' Prequel to Start in July
The "Planet of the Apes" franchise is swinging back into cinemas - "The Escapist" 's director Rupert Wyatt is overseeing a prequel to the sci-fi series. The original 1968 film was a huge hit, starring Charlton Heston as an astronaut who crash lands on a planet where primates rule and humans are slaves.
Another four sequels followed, as well as Tim Burton's remake of the original movie which was released in 2001. And following years of speculation over a planned new film, Wyatt, who has only helmed five films since 1999, has signed on to oversee a prequel to the Heston classic. Work on the latest venture, tentatively titled "Planet of the Apes: Caesar", will start in July, according to Production Weekly.
"Untitled Planet of the Apes Prequel" tells about the origins of how the Apes took over Earth after human raised a hyper-intelligent chimp.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'