Mindy McCready's Sex Tape Release Postponed
Lawyers for Mindy McCready have managed to temporarily block the release of a sex tape allegedly featuring the troubled country star and a mystery man. The singer denied filming herself in the bedroom and threatened legal action against bosses at Vivid Entertainment after they announced plans to sell "Mindy McCready: Baseball Mistress", claiming it contained footage of the star in X-rated scenes.
The blonde was also said to describe her bedroom encounters with celebrity ex-lovers, including actor Dean Cain and country singer Alan Jackson, in the clip. Now Vivid executives have decided to postpone the scheduled April 19 release. Founder Steven Hirsch says, "We've decided to take a little extra time to study all of our documentation and other clearances before we proceed."
McCready's attorney Adam Dread tells E! Online, "After a telephone discussion with Mr. Hirsch this afternoon, we are pleased to announce that Mr. Hirsch understands that there is merit to our Cease and Desist demand. We stand by our original statement that Ms. McCready has never made any video for Vivid Entertainment, or any entertainment company of that genre, and that there is no proof of authorization from Vivid to release any likeness of Ms. McCready, in any format. We have formally requested that they provide proof of authorization, or refrain from using Ms. McCready's likeness, period."
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism