Mindy McCready's Sex Tape Release Postponed
Lawyers for Mindy McCready have managed to temporarily block the release of a sex tape allegedly featuring the troubled country star and a mystery man. The singer denied filming herself in the bedroom and threatened legal action against bosses at Vivid Entertainment after they announced plans to sell "Mindy McCready: Baseball Mistress", claiming it contained footage of the star in X-rated scenes.
The blonde was also said to describe her bedroom encounters with celebrity ex-lovers, including actor Dean Cain and country singer Alan Jackson, in the clip. Now Vivid executives have decided to postpone the scheduled April 19 release. Founder Steven Hirsch says, "We've decided to take a little extra time to study all of our documentation and other clearances before we proceed."
McCready's attorney Adam Dread tells E! Online, "After a telephone discussion with Mr. Hirsch this afternoon, we are pleased to announce that Mr. Hirsch understands that there is merit to our Cease and Desist demand. We stand by our original statement that Ms. McCready has never made any video for Vivid Entertainment, or any entertainment company of that genre, and that there is no proof of authorization from Vivid to release any likeness of Ms. McCready, in any format. We have formally requested that they provide proof of authorization, or refrain from using Ms. McCready's likeness, period."
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why