The Killers to Be Honored at ASCAP Awards
The Killers are to be honored at the 27th annual American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) Pop Music Awards. The Las Vegas-based group will be presented a Vanguard Award at the April 21 gala in Hollywood.
The accolade recognizes the impact of musical genres that help shape the future of American music. Past recipients have included Jack Johnson, The Strokes, Modest Mouse, Built to Spill, Beastie Boys, Nine Inch Nails, Beck, and Bjork.
Additionally, Sys-Con reported that rock icon Patti Smith will be also honored with ASCAP's Founders Awards. Beside receiving her prize, she will perform at the gala. Other artists who are tapped to perform at the event are Jason Mraz, The All-American Rejects and Jessi Alexander.
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6