The Killers to Be Honored at ASCAP Awards
The Killers are to be honored at the 27th annual American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) Pop Music Awards. The Las Vegas-based group will be presented a Vanguard Award at the April 21 gala in Hollywood.
The accolade recognizes the impact of musical genres that help shape the future of American music. Past recipients have included Jack Johnson, The Strokes, Modest Mouse, Built to Spill, Beastie Boys, Nine Inch Nails, Beck, and Bjork.
Additionally, Sys-Con reported that rock icon Patti Smith will be also honored with ASCAP's Founders Awards. Beside receiving her prize, she will perform at the gala. Other artists who are tapped to perform at the event are Jason Mraz, The All-American Rejects and Jessi Alexander.
More The Killers News
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill