The Killers to Be Honored at ASCAP Awards
The Killers are to be honored at the 27th annual American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) Pop Music Awards. The Las Vegas-based group will be presented a Vanguard Award at the April 21 gala in Hollywood.
The accolade recognizes the impact of musical genres that help shape the future of American music. Past recipients have included Jack Johnson, The Strokes, Modest Mouse, Built to Spill, Beastie Boys, Nine Inch Nails, Beck, and Bjork.
Additionally, Sys-Con reported that rock icon Patti Smith will be also honored with ASCAP's Founders Awards. Beside receiving her prize, she will perform at the gala. Other artists who are tapped to perform at the event are Jason Mraz, The All-American Rejects and Jessi Alexander.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip