The Killers to Be Honored at ASCAP Awards
The Killers are to be honored at the 27th annual American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) Pop Music Awards. The Las Vegas-based group will be presented a Vanguard Award at the April 21 gala in Hollywood.
The accolade recognizes the impact of musical genres that help shape the future of American music. Past recipients have included Jack Johnson, The Strokes, Modest Mouse, Built to Spill, Beastie Boys, Nine Inch Nails, Beck, and Bjork.
Additionally, Sys-Con reported that rock icon Patti Smith will be also honored with ASCAP's Founders Awards. Beside receiving her prize, she will perform at the gala. Other artists who are tapped to perform at the event are Jason Mraz, The All-American Rejects and Jessi Alexander.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch