The Killers to Be Honored at ASCAP Awards
The Killers are to be honored at the 27th annual American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) Pop Music Awards. The Las Vegas-based group will be presented a Vanguard Award at the April 21 gala in Hollywood.
The accolade recognizes the impact of musical genres that help shape the future of American music. Past recipients have included Jack Johnson, The Strokes, Modest Mouse, Built to Spill, Beastie Boys, Nine Inch Nails, Beck, and Bjork.
Additionally, Sys-Con reported that rock icon Patti Smith will be also honored with ASCAP's Founders Awards. Beside receiving her prize, she will perform at the gala. Other artists who are tapped to perform at the event are Jason Mraz, The All-American Rejects and Jessi Alexander.
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes