John Corbett Sleeping in Little Dressing Room to Save Money
"Sex and the City" star John Corbett saves money while filming in Los Angeles by sleeping in an office. The thrifty actor lives two hours drive from Los Angeles, so when he's shooting hit TV series The "United States of Tara" with Toni Collette five days a week, he chooses to save cash on gas and accommodation by sleeping on the lot.
The "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" star says, "I'm not gonna drive home every night and I don't wanna spend more dough (money) on an apartment, because I already have a mortgage. So I said to the guys when they gave us a little dressing room, I said, 'I notice there's a little empty dressing room over there; any chance you could throw a futon and a TV in there'."
"So I sleep for five nights outta the week... in an office on the lot... I park my car on the lot and I go up on Ventura Boulevard after we finish around nine or 10 at night, have a few beers and then I stumble back through that old studio."
But Corbett fears going public with his sleeping arrangements could cause a few problems - because actors and crew members are forbidden from spending the night on the lot. He adds, "You're not allowed to sleep there... All the guards, they think I'm a writer on the show... and I'll come back at two in the morning, 'Hey boys!' They'll say, 'You're here late; you gonna work all night?' and I go, 'Write all night long.' It's a really cool vibe... I've got a nice shower in there, I've got the cable. I've got everything I need."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby