Frankie Sandford's Record Label Takes Legal Action Over Romance Claim With Ashley Cole
The Saturdays' record label bosses are preparing to sue editors at U.K. tabloid The Sun after they falsely linked British singer Frankie Sandford to Cheryl Cole's estranged husband Ashley Cole. Sandford was alleged to have embarked on a romance with England soccer ace Ashley following his split from the "Fight for This Love" hitmaker in February.
The publication claimed The Saturdays star had spent several nights at the sportsman's home in the last few weeks. Sandford shot down the report on Monday, April 4, insisting she had never even met Ashley. She wrote on her Twitter page, "Really upset and angry by the story in The Sun. Can't believe they can just print something that's not true. I've never even met the man."
Now executives at her record label Fascination have revealed they are seeking advice from lawyers about the report. In a post on the Fascination Twitter blog on Monday, they wrote, "The story about Frankie in The Sun today is not true. She has never met him. We cannot say anymore as we are taking legal action." Cheryl walked out on Ashley Cole after he was alleged to have cheated on her with five different women.
More Cheryl Cole News
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew