Frankie Sandford's Record Label Takes Legal Action Over Romance Claim With Ashley Cole
The Saturdays' record label bosses are preparing to sue editors at U.K. tabloid The Sun after they falsely linked British singer Frankie Sandford to Cheryl Cole's estranged husband Ashley Cole. Sandford was alleged to have embarked on a romance with England soccer ace Ashley following his split from the "Fight for This Love" hitmaker in February.
The publication claimed The Saturdays star had spent several nights at the sportsman's home in the last few weeks. Sandford shot down the report on Monday, April 4, insisting she had never even met Ashley. She wrote on her Twitter page, "Really upset and angry by the story in The Sun. Can't believe they can just print something that's not true. I've never even met the man."
Now executives at her record label Fascination have revealed they are seeking advice from lawyers about the report. In a post on the Fascination Twitter blog on Monday, they wrote, "The story about Frankie in The Sun today is not true. She has never met him. We cannot say anymore as we are taking legal action." Cheryl walked out on Ashley Cole after he was alleged to have cheated on her with five different women.
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video
- Is Kanye West Trying to Make Up With Taylor Swift With This Picture?
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Ben Affleck's Batman May Face Off Deathstroke in Solo Movie
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account