Frankie Sandford's Record Label Takes Legal Action Over Romance Claim With Ashley Cole
The Saturdays' record label bosses are preparing to sue editors at U.K. tabloid The Sun after they falsely linked British singer Frankie Sandford to Cheryl Cole's estranged husband Ashley Cole. Sandford was alleged to have embarked on a romance with England soccer ace Ashley following his split from the "Fight for This Love" hitmaker in February.
The publication claimed The Saturdays star had spent several nights at the sportsman's home in the last few weeks. Sandford shot down the report on Monday, April 4, insisting she had never even met Ashley. She wrote on her Twitter page, "Really upset and angry by the story in The Sun. Can't believe they can just print something that's not true. I've never even met the man."
Now executives at her record label Fascination have revealed they are seeking advice from lawyers about the report. In a post on the Fascination Twitter blog on Monday, they wrote, "The story about Frankie in The Sun today is not true. She has never met him. We cannot say anymore as we are taking legal action." Cheryl walked out on Ashley Cole after he was alleged to have cheated on her with five different women.
More Cheryl Cole News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'